Topic: B9 impact on SFC3  (Read 4651 times)

Strafer

Re: B9 impact on SFC3
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2003, 04:37:58 pm »
I survived a Hand of Bethke once, but was soooo damaged I made
the Enterprise from the "The Wrath Of Khan" mission actually look enticing...

Dragon93

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2003, 06:12:08 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Taldren has not been able to reproduce that bug

i dunno if i buy that. seems like everyone else has it happen with no effort at all, and they can't make it happen? oh well, i certainly can't fix it.  

It's not that they can't get it to happen. It's that they can't reproduce it while running in the debugger with debug support compiled into the program. These are two entirely different things and very important to the issue. If a bug cannot be reproduced in debugging mode, it comes down to guesses as to what is happening internally to cause the bug.

As somebody who develops software for a living (among other things) I can tell you that this is an extremely difficult type of bug to find and fix.  

Dragon93

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2003, 06:14:52 pm »
As for impact on the SFC franchise, I don't think it is going to be a huge problem. Black 9 has been in development for a long time now and I believe it was being worked on at some level even during the development of SFC3.

Aldaron

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2003, 11:21:30 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Taldren has not been able to reproduce that bug

i dunno if i buy that. seems like everyone else has it happen with no effort at all, and they can't make it happen? oh well, i certainly can't fix it.  

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule but I've had it happen only once or twice in SFC2, never in SFC3 and that is after 2 complete campaigns.