Topic: WIP SS RAVEN  (Read 5570 times)

James Formo

Re: WIP SS RAVEN
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 06:45:57 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. Inbetween it is.

I think I may do a beta release with this sized as 90m. That way you can see if that size will be playable.

Also because this model doesn't have LOD's like taldrens. If I use different shades of grey on the welded plates, they get striped as you zoom out while the ship turns. May have to remove some smaller details in the mesh and texture those.  Or make the plates thicker-but I don't like that idea because it would look to blocky.

I can get your opinion on that if you see it in game.  Another reason for beta is the final version release may be 2 or 3 weeks away.     I am learning texturing.  

Here is where it stands now.  The logos may not be centered yet plus I have to redo the lettering-just gives you a sneak peak.

Won't have another update till this weekend.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

Daekyn

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 07:12:20 pm »
James,
It is looking fantastic! can't wait to try it out. I will be sending you the history and such for your readme file tonight, got to run to class at the moment.

Daek

James Formo

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2003, 06:01:58 am »
Quote:

James,
It is looking fantastic! can't wait to try it out. I will be sending you the history and such for your readme file tonight, got to run to class at the moment.

Daek  

Thanks for doing that btw. I may have it by now--gotta check my box.

Well like I said no update as far as textures but I have play tested it and resized it to 90 meters. Mind you milkshape doesn't have anything that says how long the ship is. So this is a close estimate. I made it half the size of Skinmans Nova. Since the Nova is 180 meters.

Heres a couple in game screenies.  Note it is roughly the size of a BOP.  It works real well.  I could still zoom in real close stilll.  Hope you can tell which one is the Raven

btw Skinman's Nova is pictured here as well. If you don't have it yet you better d/l- it is sweeeeet

Qa Pla

James Formo

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2003, 03:16:24 am »
Even though I released it. I am still working on it. In the past I meshed a ship. Through on some grey paint. did the warps and moved onto the next mesh.  Meshing is what I most enjoy. Well the only way for my texturing to improve is to bite the bullet and do it.  

I started on the buzzards here. Making this ships as close to canon as I can. Working in paint right now. I don;t have PS.

Once I get things roughed in I'll use PS at school.

Right now its looking like it just came out of dry dock. I want to give it a bit of a lived in look.