Topic: Wanted: Starblazer (i.e. BB Yamato) models for a SFCx project / server.  (Read 5959 times)

Kaenyne

Re: Wanted: Starblazer (i.e. BB Yamato) models for a SFCx project / server.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2003, 11:29:23 am »
Hey Atra:

Could you give me the name of the file for her in SFU?

I'm not having nay luck in my searches.

Thanks, man!

Atrahasis

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2003, 05:00:25 am »
I don't know what the file might be called, but you may be able to tell it's mine by the author's name.

Atrahasis

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2003, 06:22:49 am »
Detailing on the Yamato is coming along nicely, it will stun and delight everyone.

Kaenyne

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 08:50:24 am »
Yup, I did that first but no luck. (I wonder about that search page sometimes).

So instead I went through the archives page by page until I happended upon a file named sb_andr or something very similar. And it was what I was looking for!

I d/l'd her right away and look a look at her in Mod Viewer. Awesome ship!  Thanks Atrahasis!  

Atrahasis

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2003, 05:42:45 pm »
Still working on the Yamato........I'll probably make some of the fighters for it as well.  

Desty_Nova

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2003, 06:23:17 pm »
Cool, can't wait for this one.

CptCastrin

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2003, 01:37:35 am »
Geeez, I'm away for a little while and have to hunt for this post.

Hey I haven't forgoten guys, I'm still here and waiting for more cool models. Just got distracted for a bit.

CptCastrin

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 01:31:39 am »
Still looking for more models but for those that missed it here is Atrahasis Yamato:

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=208424&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

still looking for some badguys so anyone game to make a few Gamilion Empire ships? I have pics if needed though they are only two dimentional. Come on now we need targets for the Yamato to blast!  

CptCastrin

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2003, 11:24:07 am »
We need some White Comet bad guys now and if anyone wants to build out some more of the EDF it would be welcome!

Comming soon: pics on the most popular (and documented) ships. Stay tuned!!

CptCastrin

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 09:28:38 am »
This keeps getting lost so I'm going to pin it for a while. Not permanetly mind you but I'll be posting some spec files and stuff this weekend (I hope) and figure this is a good place to make them available.

Now we are still looking for White Comet and other baddies. The shiplist is comming along nicely and I will be putting that up as well for all to play with but we really, really need ships.

So if any of you ace modelers have a few extra mins / hours / days   I ask for your help.

Thanks all!

CptCastrin

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2004, 06:04:08 pm »
Best laid plans of mice and men ...

Well obviously I have not yet had the chance to post any new data but work is proceeding on this mod however slowly.

Thanks to whom ever for unsticking this ... I'll find out who you were and suitably "reward" you ...  

Again, we are still looking for models of all kinds. Atra will hopefully have his three pack done before we all expire of old age (j/k!!! I'm just as bad!!) but 3 ships does not a mod make. So if you are willing and able, please look at helping out with a model or two.

And yes, I still intend on posting pics for reference.

Peace.

Lyrkiller

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 12:22:35 am »
if you guys need any help i do have the Starblazers Technical Manual, and be willing to scan the pages for your viewing pleasure...only thing is i cant host as for another project i am doing...

Lyrkiller

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2004, 09:39:29 pm »
 BUMP  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2004, 06:03:40 am »
BUMP  

Captain Ron

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2004, 07:36:30 am »
E-Mail Atrahasis he has 2-3 of those models done they just needed textures in a few cases, it would save allot of time.

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2004, 08:13:59 am »
Well, to whet some appetites (or perhaps to chase some people away from ever wanting them, if they don't like) here's another little preview.

First, we have Atrahasis' Andromeda I found on a site a long time ago.  Nice model (although a little hard to see but I was in a hurry).

heh, and again, but with a couple of my CA Koenigsberg's in the foreground.  There are a number of other ships in there too, but they are fairly dark, and lacking in full textures (as is the Koenigsberg, but I can't help myself but to play with them early sometimes).

The above has my Koenigsberg (lower center), Gearing (right) and the FF Airone (left) as well as an Arcadia but I couldn't find the file showing who did that one.

and finally a closer shot of the Koenigsberg and Gearing.

Mine are all suffering from texture issues (and a few other issues), as I've been through about 10 different looks on some of them, I just can't get what I want (although it would help to know myself).  Not sure if I want to go for a more anime look or for more realistic, aaargh!  The madness!  Anyhow, they are being worked on.

Kaenyne

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2004, 10:28:47 am »
Well, I don't care what you think of 'em 'cause I can see that the Koenigsberg, Airone and Gearing are absolutely gorgeous!  

Are they available for playdates, as in are they available for download somewhere?

Great work, man!

...and are there more like those that I haven't noticed?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2004, 01:05:54 pm »
Well... I guess I could put up the Gearing, it's at least completely covered with textures.  The problem is I'm having trouble accessing my ftp space over at nightsoftware.  I'll probably put them up at SFCx when they are totally done, we'll see what I can come up with.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2004, 01:14:27 pm »
That would be great.

Another option you might consider is Starfleet Universe's Models Repository.  

And that Gearing of yours is Swwwwwweet!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2004, 01:56:48 am »
Well, here it is (such as it is).  I'm fairly certain that somewhere down the road I'm going to make new textures for it (or at least finish putting them on correctly, as some of it is fairly slap dash, but at least it's a model.  As for the rest I'm going to give it what time I have, a little push here and a little push there.

http://nightsoftware.com/emeraldedge/DD_Gearing_Beta1.rar