Topic: Dummy mods and animated textures?  (Read 2681 times)

I_Mudd

Dummy mods and animated textures?
« on: October 26, 2003, 04:09:00 am »
Is there any way to assign a custom texture to a dummy.mod, such as the Organian ship, suns, plasma and photon projectiles, damsge sparks, and the Doomsday Machines maw?

Before anyone says its hard coded into the game, there was a model done quite a ways back called "the juggernaut" that utilized an animated texture, similar to the Doomsday Machines maw.

I've been wracking my brain on how to get cetain effects into the game, such as a space ameoba, First Federation buoys, Tholian webs, and Ionic weapons. It would seem that the only satisfactory way to get any of these things to work would be withanimated textures assigned to dummy.mods. for that matter, we could have animated bussard collectors and blinking running lights on ships, as well.

Where there is a will, there may be a way. Any ideas, anyone? Taldren?

I_Mudd.

Towelie

Re: Dummy mods and animated textures?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 06:52:05 pm »
  Yeah, how do I get a really cool Doomsday Machine in SFC3? Inquiring minds want to know

atheorhaven

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 09:47:13 pm »
The SFC3 version of the Doomsday Machine is a WIP..

atheorhaven

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 09:48:02 pm »
I_Mudd, any idea where one can find the Juggernaut?  Still haven't found it yet..

I_Mudd

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 07:29:34 am »
The only place I ever found it was ghost's fleetdock 13.

I_Mudd.  

atheorhaven

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 02:02:32 pm »
Got it, thanks..  Will add it into my game and try looking at what it does ingame.  That might give me some ideas on how it works..

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 08:27:16 am »
am I missing something?  I added the juggernaught and it didn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary.  It contains a i.mod version of the model, but I don't think it was really doing anything.  I added it instead of the FBB in game.  Hmmm.  I'd love to see animations work even on a limited basis.  

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 10:42:48 am »
Quote:

Hmmm. I'd love to see animations work even on a limited basis.

So would I. The obvious Fed warp nacelles doing their thing.. or maybe the light track on ISC ships pulling off a Vegas light show. Something like that.