Topic: How Do I Begin  (Read 1644 times)

StarTrekcaptain

How Do I Begin
« on: February 11, 2003, 01:53:43 pm »
I've had a look at some of the models outon the net, and they're great!  But I think that nothings as good as something you do your self, no matter how bad!  So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a website, that tells you how to go from a picture all the way to a model.  I've heard about someting called 3dmax????  Is it free and it its not, is there a free 3d editor out there somewhere.

Thanks, any help would be apprciated!

James Formo

Re: How Do I Begin
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 04:27:53 pm »
3dsmax  runs a couple grand unless you can det a student discount.  Gmax is a free version of 3dmax but without rendering and no plugins.  Gmax models can be pit into the game but its a long process involving different software.

I started out with Milkshape. It cost 20 bucks-think they raised it to 25. There is a pluin for sfc so you can get ships in game.
Milkshape won't do hardpoints or illumination maps. But like I said gets ships in the game and most likely you can find someone to do the Hard points  for you.  without hard points. All the weapons fire from the middle of the ship.

Sorry I don't know any links by memory and kinda busy at the moment. Maybe try a search for Gmax for milkshape.

Turling

Gmax!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 02:35:13 am »
Gmax is good stuff - download it at from  Discreet's official website for free.  I use it, and I'm slowly working on a model for SFC.  If I ever get the thing done, I'll have to get somebody else to the the hardpoints and break mod.  

Captain KoraH

Re: Gmax!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 10:42:41 am »
I have 3Dstudio max and if you need hardpoints, I'll set them up for you. Send me an email:

scott2978@yahoo.com

Captain KoraH