Topic: Cleeve, Atrahasis, and all sfc modelers...  (Read 2362 times)

Captain KoraH

Cleeve, Atrahasis, and all sfc modelers...
« on: February 08, 2003, 12:27:14 pm »
I have collected a huge assortment of SFC2 models that I'm porting to SFC3, since all these models are already in distribution for SFC2, I assume that nobody will mind if I port them to SFC3 as well, but just in case I would like to be polite and ask first...

I'll be using these ships in my D3 server "The Neutral Zone" and making them available to anyone who wants them, as soon as I find a place to host them. My site is still up, but I can't upload to that site anymore.

Ships I've ported so far:

Cleeve's Bird of Death
Atrahasis's D-10, D-16 and L-9
Mindblip's D'Dmad and all my variants of it
Mindblip's Nethak
Centaur
Reliant
Enterprise
Atolm's Scorpion
Cleeve's Feklar (renamed Veklar)
Dawn's Valdore
Thu11's Firehawk
Winged Defender
Griffin
Bright One
Armada Shrike
Sabreclaw
Dominion Battleship
Dominion Battlecrusier and variant
Cardassian Galor
Cardassian Keldon
Breen warship (texture rework)
Jem Hadar Fighter
Cardassian Hideki
Borg Tactical Cube
Borg Assimilator

These are the ships I've "borrowed" from other modelers to port them into SFC3. I also have several original ships of my own design that are in the mod if anyone's interested.

If anyone wants to put their veto on their ship being ported into SFC3, send me an email.

Thanks everyone
Captain KoraH

P.S.
Please don't ask me for any of these models yet because without a host I can't offer them for download yet.

Atrahasis

Re: Cleeve, Atrahasis, and all sfc modelers...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 05:28:27 pm »
Yeah go ahead, but there's no such ship as a D-16, and I didn't do an L-9, that was P81's.  

Thu11s

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 06:18:10 pm »
Yeah, I'm cool with that too. I'm gonna eventually get around to converting my stuff to SFC3, but the more the merrier

Thu11s  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 11:18:48 am »
Thanks guys. Your work is exceptional, and I'm sure everyone will love having your ships for SFC3. The download will be available to anyone, not just for play on my D3 server.

Captain KoraH

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 01:14:38 pm »
Quote:

... there's no such ship as a D-16,...

Ouch! One of my personal HEROES was mistaken?! Say it isn't so!

While there is no such thing as a D16 in canon Trek, SFB or SFC,  FASA Trek had one:

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/klingons/D-16.html

I do believe Ghostfox made the original SFC1 kitbash and I'm 99% sure it was d'deridex who did an upgraded one based on the same model for SFC3.

Hey I'm not a 'Klingon Fanatic' for nothing

KF: FASA to SFC Archivist at large

Qa Pla!

Captain KoraH

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 05:24:15 pm »
Unfortunately there was no readme with the ship I downloaded, and I downloaded so many I can't tell where I got it from. Ah well, time will tell I suppose. All the Klingon ports are finished.

Captain KoraH

E_Look

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 11:17:21 pm »
Hey all,

Can a nonmodeler who enjoys ALL of the work of ALL OF YOU make a suggestion?

How about putting in a short readme.txt file in all your work?  I love it especially when Lord Delekhan, Atrahasis, or others put in  
histories, weapon loadout suggestions,   or even a "discography" ("modelography"????) , that is, a history of who first made the original mesh, any subsequent kitbashers, or if an original mesh, what bug bit the artist's arse so that he'd make it.    

Captain KoraH

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 07:23:09 am »
Usually modelers do this. Not only is it a matter of pride in your work, but also it helps people track down your model like 4 years from now when someone goes on the Taldren forum and asks "Hey, who made that XXXX model a while back???" hehe.

Captain KoraH

E_Look

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 12:43:09 pm »
Well, that's just it!  I am rebuilding my model directories for SFC1, EAW, and OP after 2, count 'em, 2 HD crashes (funny it was always the secondary drive that my SFC's were on) and when I stick some of them back, they have NO readmes.  There were three cool models by LB that I accidentally found that I thought I had lost for good that had no info as to who made them.  Well, two of them didn't, but the third did, if I recall correctly.  But suppose I was only able to recover the two without readmes!  Anyway, I like to give credit to where it is due.  Fortunately, all the modelers that have shown up for the SFC's are all quite good, including many of the stock models!  So, it does get hard to keep straight who made what without readmes that have a "credit history".