Topic: Hornet class.  (Read 3486 times)

Kreeargh

Hornet class.
« on: February 10, 2003, 12:28:09 am »
Ok ive finaly makein something cool looking and semi accurate.  Hornet class, its still a wip, 5184 poly with 8 fighters and 3200 without fighters. And yes i made the fighter too .
I am going to be makeing only tmp and mabe some tos for a while, ive got a fleet to build  .

Ducttapewonder

Re: Hornet class.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 01:29:52 am »
Quote:

I am going to be makeing only tmp and mabe some tos for a while, ive got a fleet to build  .

TMP ROCKS!!! KEEP EM' ROLLIN'  

Turling

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 03:11:27 am »
I like it!  Nice carrier, dude.  

James Formo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 03:51:38 am »
That ship looks bad a** .   Great addition to any fleet

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 05:52:24 am »
very nice work.  Are you also going to create the fighters. for use in the game?  

Rhaz

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 09:47:49 am »
I'm a huge fan of TOS and TMP, so this is great news!

Clark Kent

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 10:52:57 am »
Dude, that is a nice ship.  I don't think anyone has tried anything like that in quite a while.  Nice work,
CK

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 11:01:34 am »
Suweet! I really liked that design - can't remember which book it was in but it's one of those ship recognition manuals init... Good to see another ship with LN-68 nacelles - they look so much nicer than LN-64s (standard connie ones)

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 11:27:13 am »
Nicely done! Hmm... This would fit in nicely along side the Ships of The Starfleet Akula Perimeter Action ships.

I LOVE TMP era too. The sense of scale isn't blown out of porportion like it isn in TNG....

So, what else is on your To-do list? Any TMP non-Federation ships? The Roms could use a few more TMP ship designs to catch up on the SFC Arms race, hint, hint...

Qa Pla!

KF

Captain KoraH

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 12:21:27 pm »
That is really a great looking ship. I've been wondering if anyone would do this ship ever since I first saw pics of it last year. You did a wonderful job on her!

Captain KoraH

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 03:21:31 pm »
Whoa. Killer CV!  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 03:26:00 pm »
 I like the external docking of this design. And with the tall dorsal/ventral fins those fighters will look great in the game. Cant wait to see that!

Bitchin'!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Lord Schtupp »

Kreeargh

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 10:38:26 pm »
Here is the fighter 248 poly .

[img]
I applyed these texturs to get it in game, ill make others when i find better references the pic i have doesnt show much.

I need to make the bridge and lower dome textures and minor tweeks. Ill most likely release the fighter as is with the hornet models .  I dont have time to look for better references now.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 10:48:47 pm »
Looks great. I usually don't get too excited for *another* Fed model. This is an exception though. There aren't a whole lotta CVs being done and this one is especially nice

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2003, 05:38:44 am »
HI  Kreeargh

I think I can help you here I have the blueprint set to this ship.  I can scan portions of it for you that will show you details that you are missing. Let me know what you need.  

Kreeargh

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 11:15:50 am »
Quote:

HI  Kreeargh

I think I can help you here I have the blueprint set to this ship.  I can scan portions of it for you that will show you details that you are missing. Let me know what you need.  

Yes please thankyou send everything lol , i have looked and looked and all i could find was a blacknwhite  scematic which aint that detailed. I didnt want to textutre the fighter like that cause it would be a white blob with the # 5 on the side
 tcole@sfcmodsrus.0catch.com is my mail. Many thanks  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 12:28:18 am »
I was wondering how this is coming? Any updates?

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 05:48:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

HI  Kreeargh

Yes please thankyou send everything lol , i have looked and looked and all i could find was a blacknwhite  scematic which aint that detailed. I didnt want to textutre the fighter like that cause it would be a white blob with the # 5 on the side
 tcole@sfcmodsrus.0catch.com is my mail. Many thanks  

Not a problem I'll start scanning portions on thursday evening. The blueprints are on 17x22 paper and  the drawings are a bit large.A word of warning these plans have no front bottom or aft view for the ship. The fighters and refueling shuttles have front views and theres a plan view of the main shuttle deck that goes around the saucer. anything you might do for those views would have to be conjecture.      

Kreeargh

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 04:44:06 pm »
Quote:

So, what else is on your To-do list? Any TMP non-Federation ships? The Roms could use a few more TMP ship designs to catch up on the SFC Arms race, hint, hint...

Ive got a Lyran design and a few tmp Klingons in the works but may be a while, argh the non fed textures.
Back to the Hornet.
These are what i have so far but the model may change depending on the references