Topic: SETI Thread Part III  (Read 198272 times)

digi

Re: SETI Thread Part III
« Reply #540 on: October 14, 2003, 06:01:06 pm »
Although I only use 3 machines, 2 of these will be affected by Seti 2.  I've emailed Mr. Anderson about the issue as you suggested.  Hopefully if he gets enough of these some action may be taken to solve this issue.

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #541 on: October 14, 2003, 06:37:17 pm »
Programs like SetiQueue and SetiDriver were created to handle problems with non internet connected machines by individuals.  I would be very surprised if the same did not occur with BOINC.  So give it time.  

DreadlordGW

« Reply #542 on: October 14, 2003, 06:42:50 pm »
This post brought to you buy the letter A

As in We need a BOINC Setiqueue

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2003, 07:10:00 pm »
Since it looks like the old threads are going to be "unstickied" I think it may be useful to post a link to them.  Here they are.

Link to Seti thread I
Link to Seti thread II  

Mentat Jon

« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2003, 07:25:05 pm »
89) Mentat Jon   120 2530 hr 27 min 21 hr 05 min 13.5 sec Sat Sep 27 13:31:58 2003 United States

the slow creep to the summit continues!!!!  

jualdeaux

« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2003, 08:33:30 pm »
Well, due to two factors, I'm going to stop running seti, at least until we get another group going on another project. Lately, I've been having trouble paying bills so I'm turning off everything non-essential to try to drive down my electric bill. The other is just that this part is ending and it looks like there will be a lull between this one and the next so this is a good time to quit.

I just can't believe how fear this relatively small group has gone. We went from nothing to one of the top 200 groups in the world in just a short time. Does anyone know how long this group has be in existence and how long the SETI project has been going?  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #546 on: October 15, 2003, 10:00:46 am »
Well, I've been in it since like May of 1999...sadly, most of my time as a member has been on a slow machine.  Most of my total WUs have some since I set up on new rig in February...lol.

Gambler

« Reply #547 on: October 15, 2003, 10:19:37 am »
I joined the group in October 1, 2001, I believe when Erik first posted about it or shortly after.  It may have been a semi-private group before that.

It is certainly amazing when you consider that of our little group, I am number 1,948 in the world, Raven is 167 and Cyberkada is #143.

Go us!

Dogmatix!

« Reply #548 on: October 15, 2003, 10:22:00 am »
Yeah...I joined our group shortly after it was set up, too.  In fact, i'm pretty sure I was one of the first five or so people.  When I joined, I was ranked #2 in our group with somewhwere around 1500 WUs...lol...

Gambler

« Reply #549 on: October 15, 2003, 10:24:02 am »
So who gave us less than 5 stars!

I say we hunt them down and give them the biggest wedgie they've ever felt.

Toasty0

« Reply #550 on: October 15, 2003, 04:29:35 pm »
Seems someone has decided it is their mission to go around giving any thread started by an Admin or Mod 1 star. Just shows that jellyfish can use a keyboard and the internet too...  
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 04:30:24 pm by Toasty0 »

Cyberkada

« Reply #551 on: October 16, 2003, 04:19:52 am »
I'm outta here until Atrahasis - the Islamic terrorist supporter is banned and VoidWar is reinstated.  I'm tired of this terrorist supporter continually getting the "bye" while others are banned.

Sethan

« Reply #552 on: October 16, 2003, 08:32:15 am »
Quote:

I'm outta here until Atrahasis - the Islamic terrorist supporter is banned and VoidWar is reinstated.  I'm tired of this terrorist supporter continually getting the "bye" while others are banned.

Void's ban was temporary, and regardless of my personal opinion of Atra, he hasn't done anything under the rules to get banned for.  IMO, that means the rules need to be tweaked a bit.  

GE-Raven

« Reply #553 on: October 16, 2003, 08:43:21 am »
He has a right to his opinon... just show him how it is not a good one.  

We don't want him gone.  

We need to show his arguement as the fool's arguement it is.

GE-Raven

Cyberkada

« Reply #554 on: October 16, 2003, 03:44:08 pm »
My point is that Atrahasis pretty much can say anything in these forums with impunity.  Any one else is banned for the exact same thing.  I see the double standard and its appalling.  I guess if we all support radical Islamist terrorism, we can say pretty much anything in these forums.

Taldren_Admin

« Reply #555 on: October 17, 2003, 09:58:18 pm »
Quote:

My point is that Atrahasis pretty much can say anything in these forums with impunity.  Any one else is banned for the exact same thing.  I see the double standard and its appalling.  I guess if we all support radical Islamist terrorism, we can say pretty much anything in these forums.

Off topic but I will reply to that...

The answer is:

Damned if I do damned if I don't.  He has no impunity. He hasn't crossed the line far enough.

By the way, just in case you were thinking about it.... Please don't post a list of his transgressions. Send me a PM with the links if you really believe that in the way he stated his opinions he has crossed the line.

Now back to our regularly scheduled show.....

Toasty0

« Reply #556 on: October 17, 2003, 10:33:18 pm »
Quote:

Cyber,

Is this your 523rd or 524th "Im outta here cause(fill in Blank) ?

IKV Nemesis D7L

Sethan makes a landmark on his sneak attack on the top 10. Congratulations.
« Reply #557 on: October 18, 2003, 01:44:49 pm »
11) Sethan     7500  

jualdeaux

Re: Sethan makes a landmark on his sneak attack on the top 10. Congratulations.
« Reply #558 on: October 18, 2003, 03:09:54 pm »
Good job Nem

Sethan

Re: Sethan makes a landmark on his sneak attack on the top 10. Congratulations.
« Reply #559 on: October 18, 2003, 08:48:45 pm »
Heh - I'm looking to make it into the Taldren top 10 some time this week.