Topic: SETI Thread Part III  (Read 198233 times)

The Postman

Re: WUs acquired from Cyberkada/Carlosbott.
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2004, 06:43:31 pm »
BOINC is running? When are we supposed to switch over?  

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2004, 09:19:31 pm »
Quote:

BOINC is running? When are we supposed to switch over?  

Still in testing.  No date for the switch.  

Erik Bethke

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2004, 12:02:19 pm »
Wow that is totally awesome guys!!!!

We are in the top 100 in the world.  That is a truly amazing accomplishement.

Really could anyone here imagine it?  Top 100.

okay so for what are we doing in Korea.  This is to be considered confidential and not released to the public, just for you SETI guys...

I am leading a all Korean team plus one American - Nate Simpson from CA to create a new massively multiplayer game based on the kung-fu literature of China.  This is a huge body of fiction going back a thousand years and lead in the modern era by Louis Cha.

If you take a look at my website  www.erikbethke.com  you will find some book reviews there.  Take a look at the Deer and the Cauldron.

It is great working here in Korea, the atmosphere is differently paced, weather interesting and the people are cool.

The three areas of principle focus for our new game are:
Robust dynamic gameplay systems to reduce the reliance on static content
Very deep service
Advanced utilization of social network graphs for extremely neat tricks to have the server aware of the players' experience and adjust the gameplay on the fly to make it more of a partyl!

also as we said earlier B9 is on hold - more practically we and MJ have decided that we need some space.  I will leave it at that for now...

Awesome guys!
-Erik

GE-Raven

« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2004, 03:02:57 pm »
You are and continue to be... "The Best"  Erik.

Thanks for the bone.  

GE-Raven

« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2004, 06:13:44 pm »
   What is the Seti Thread about anyway ?I don't want to read through the hole now please tell me.It definetly does not deal with Search for Exterestrial Intelligience no way.I know you are in a lot Sirgod or Ann plase tell me.I don't trust anybody else to be taken seriously so plase tell me.
  Thanks  

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2004, 08:46:54 pm »
Quote:

What is the Seti Thread about anyway ?I don't want to read through the hole now please tell me.It definetly does not deal with Search for Exterestrial Intelligience no way.I know you are in a lot Sirgod or Ann plase tell me.I don't trust anybody else to be taken seriously so plase tell me.
  Thanks  

Link to team stats

Link to SETI @ Home home page  

Click the links for the information.  Then you don't have to believe anyone.  

nexa1

« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2004, 02:43:53 am »

I think of the SETI team as our own little group, in the Taldren family, working on a common goal together  

ActiveX

« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2004, 06:19:55 am »
Its not a typical Korean MMORPG is it?

nexa1

« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2004, 08:55:58 am »
 Well, I should take #78 in about 12 hours and #77 by this weekend.
79) nexa1   231 1041 hr 05 min 4 hr 30 min 24.8 sec Wed Apr 21 13:50:18 2004 United States

Man my times sure went up with these P3 being added
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by nexa1 »

Dragon93

Hello from the SETI Teams Lost One...
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2004, 06:52:19 pm »
I'm still alive. Still crunching WUs...

Just Crazy busy to the point that forum participation is among my absolute lowest priorities.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say Hi to let everyone know I haven't been lost in space or anything of the sort.

Good to see all the old familiar names, etc. I'll check in again in a few months...  

IKV Nemesis D7L

Re: Hello from the SETI Teams Lost One...
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2004, 07:19:54 pm »
Quote:

I'm still alive. Still crunching WUs...

Just Crazy busy to the point that forum participation is among my absolute lowest priorities.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say Hi to let everyone know I haven't been lost in space or anything of the sort.

Good to see all the old familiar names, etc. I'll check in again in a few months...  

I have been watching you .  You seem to oscillate between 5000 and 5200 ahead of me.   I can't get closer than 5000 and you can't seem to pull ahead by more than 5200.  Unless you change things that will hold until sometime in May when I give away one of my computers and lose ~20% of my output .  Keep on pushing them out.    

Dragon93

« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2004, 07:24:21 pm »
Quote:

I have been watching you .

Oh you have, have you?

I barely have time to even think about it much these days. My job wasn't keeping me busy enough so I started organizing a large music festival for next year and I am about to take on a few consulting gigs on the side.

Sleep is also a low priority for me...

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2004, 01:24:42 pm »
Quote:

Sleep is also a low priority for me...  

Sounds very familiar.  

I have achieved 2 more goals.  Top 7500 and 99.85%.  Next goals top 5000 and 99.875%.  (Even .001% gains are hard for me now)

Your rank out of 4978530 total users is:    7490th place.

You have completed more work units than    99.850% of our users.  

The Postman

page loading problem
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2004, 10:21:02 am »
Is anybody else having problems loading the team page or your individual page?  I am getting 500 errors on both and I have no idea if all of my machines are running.  

nexa1

Re: page loading problem
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2004, 02:17:06 pm »

Yeah for some reason for me it takes 3-4 times trying to load to actually get it. Don't know why tho.

AJTK

« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2004, 06:41:13 pm »
Although I will never get anywhere close to you boys with hardware like Dragon and Nemesis, I have added a P4-2.8 laptop to my inventory and it cranks out one wu about every 4-6 hours, not sure why there is such a large variation. Anyhow, I have FINALLY gotten myself away from the dirt eater on the list and am making progress at moving ahead of some of the mid level peeps who no longer are putting out new units.

Hoping to build a new P4-3.06/800mhz desktop in the near future, so that will also help my unit speed greatly if I can scrape the cash together. Wow, Taldren in the top 100 in the WORLD?!

Are we Trek geeks commited, or what? ROFL!

Oh yeah, Im still alive it would appear. Divorces suck.

Have a nice day!

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2004, 06:55:42 pm »
Quote:

Although I will never get anywhere close to you boys with hardware like Dragon and Nemesis, I have added a P4-2.8 laptop to my inventory and it cranks out one wu about every 4-6 hours, not sure why there is such a large variation. Anyhow, I have FINALLY gotten myself away from the dirt eater on the list and am making progress at moving ahead of some of the mid level peeps who no longer are putting out new units.

Hoping to build a new P4-3.06/800mhz desktop in the near future, so that will also help my unit speed greatly if I can scrape the cash together. Wow, Taldren in the top 100 in the WORLD?!

Are we Trek geeks commited, or what? ROFL!

Oh yeah, Im still alive it would appear. Divorces suck.

Have a nice day!  

Are the P4s hyperthreading enabled?  (and is you OS as well?)  If so using the CLI you can run two copies at once and increase your total output (how much I can't say, but some people claim very substantial boosts).  In any case using the CLI compared to the screen saver is a minimum 10% boost, but you've probably heard that berfore (and are possibly using the CLI ).

I never anticipated getting in the top 10 when I joined.  Being in the upper half of Taldren was all I expected.  Doing 10,000 WUs seemed like a fantasy not reality.  But things happen and next thing  you know you are a contender.  All I can say is that  The Great Moo Hunt!  got out of control.  

AJTK

« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2004, 11:03:28 pm »
using the CLI (at your instruction, lol) on the ol p3-750, using screen saver only on laptop at the moment. i need to dload the CLI and set it up again. I THINK this laptop is HT, but I am not positive. If I had to guess, I think it is, but Id have to look in the documentation to be sure. a 2.8, i think it has to be, doesnt it? 2.8 was next to last 533mhz, then the 3.0 went from 533 to 800 and they made others that were 800 that were slower. I am sure this is a 533 board tho. hmmm,  tried to find info on the motherboard/chipset in system, to no avail. OFW, its a 2.8, thats good enough for now, rofl. the cli runs faster on my 750, so it sure as hell will run faster on this thing, lol. Id appreciate if you would post the instrucitons on how to set up the cli again, and i will install it monyana.

Have a nice day!

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2004, 06:44:05 pm »
Quote:

Id appreciate if you would post the instrucitons on how to set up the cli again, and i will install it monyana.

Have a nice day!

There is a stickied thread with the instructions.  But here is a link to make it easier.  There is also a link in my signature.

Keep pumping them out.  

digi

« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2004, 03:21:14 am »
Quote:

Is anybody else having problems loading the team page or your individual page?  I am getting 500 errors on both and I have no idea if all of my machines are running.  

Same here.....The one I use which seems to keep completly uptodate with any new units posted is dead.  Anyone got an uptodate link that works?