Topic: WIP SS RAVEN  (Read 5572 times)

James Formo

WIP SS RAVEN
« on: February 10, 2003, 08:59:27 pm »
Here is my latest mesh. Its your ship in a way-so open to some suggestions.  It is around 4600 polies.  Mesh is done I think. I never can leave it alone   Have to try to make a few seams smoother.  Then my least favorite part textures. Part of the reason I picked this ship is because there are not alot of details to texture in. The ones there are I added into the mesh.
So what do you think. Should I scrap it

Scroll to bottom for latest WIP photo- trying to keep it so page loads faster
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 04:11:04 am by James Formo »

Khalee

Re: WIP SS RAVEN
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 09:20:12 pm »
Make it a monitor or large freighter kinda what it looks like.

Or even maybe a supply ship or tug, it would fit any of thoes roles

Daekyn

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 09:23:00 pm »
FANTASTIC! I have been looking for this ship for a very long time. Lord Bile had emailed me to say he would try to make it if I could send him some good pics, but I  hear he is also busy putting up a new site (cheers to him for a new site! keep up the good work). If I can help at all let me know, I am no moddler by any means, but I have tons of phots, size comparison charts and even the Armarda 2 Model of the Raven. Please let me know when I can download this ship!

Daekyn

Daekyn

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 09:25:18 pm »
Actually, the Raven is a small research ship, about 80 meters in length.

Clark Kent

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 09:27:48 pm »
Nice- I know alot of people have been asking for this.  You've most likely made ALOT of people happy.
CK

James Formo

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 09:31:17 pm »
Quote:

FANTASTIC! I have been looking for this ship for a very long time. Lord Bile had emailed me to say he would try to make it if I could send him some good pics, but I  hear he is also busy putting up a new site (cheers to him for a new site! keep up the good work). If I can help at all let me know, I am no moddler by any means, but I have tons of phots, size comparison charts and even the Armarda 2 Model of the Raven. Please let me know when I can download this ship!

Daekyn

Thanks for the comment. Hey send me some pics too if you have any of back or just any really. I only had 1 pic to work from.  Would like to see if your pics are textured similar.   send em to makeitjames@hotmail. com

Yea I read on a chart it said 90m. So alot of this detail would be lost once it is resized. Thats why I might include the canon scale and then one about freighter size  for taking good close up screenies  

sandman69247

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 09:32:02 pm »
Check your e-mail James and send me as many pics as you want...I'll start your own folder if you want, then you'll know the addy, just change the jpg name to fit.  

James Formo

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 09:44:30 pm »
Thanks Sandman-but guesswhat?  I got a free trial of AOL so can post my own for awhil .  Really appreciate your offer though. Ahh good ol AOL-they drive me crazy but oh well.

Heres an earlier pic-before I meshed in the side windows-this one has Taldren textures that I just threw on to help bring out the shadows and look for mesh flaws.

Pic removed so page would load faster for 56kers including me

« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 04:09:41 am by James Formo »

Daekyn

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 10:00:14 pm »
I am so drooling as I see this take shape. God I wish I could do this sort of thing instead of just admiring you talented folks.  

Daekyn

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 10:35:20 pm »
James you should be getting a crap load of pictures in your email, let me know if its enough.

Kreeargh

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 10:53:51 pm »
Beautifull Keep it up !    That looks great.  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 05:32:38 am »
Nice Going James keep up the good work.  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 07:17:51 am »
Great ship!

Captain Korah

Daekyn

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2003, 02:47:11 pm »
James, did you get the pics I sent? lent me know.

James Formo

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2003, 03:54:08 pm »
Yea I did thanks. Did you get my reply.  I was asking if you wanted to research this ship. Just maybe 1 paragraph of its history to include it in the readme when its release. You seam to know alot about it. If not I can do it. I know it was 7of 9's ship. Was the episode just called Raven?  

Daekyn

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 07:23:55 pm »
James-
No, I hadn't received anything from you yet, which is why I replied to you here. I can be also found on Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger and AOL, all under "daekyn". I would be honored to do such a thing for you, and the ship made two (three if you count the two part episode) appearances, one in the episodes where  7 of 9 goes back through her parents research on the borg and another called "The Raven" where the ship is crashed on a planet. I will send you something, can't wait for it to be done so I can play it.

Steve

James Formo

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 12:41:54 am »
Thanks for the replys everyone

Latest Update- thanks in part to  Daekyn's detailed pics.  In no particular order. Changes to mesh as follows:

-Nacels lowered slightly
-Removed hidden faces
-Made all seams flush
-Added forward sensor array
-Added pulsar emmitters
-Added entry hatch
-Added cargo loading bays
-Added 2 more formation lights (4 total)
-Added rus thrusters
-Detailed the back
-Welded and smoothed all faces

The mesh is finished    Final poly count 4898.

Next up mapping textures  

Pics in 1 or 2 days of basic textures. I hope.

Kind of want opinions on how light or dark I should make the hull overall.  Notice I have 2 basic shades so far. Sould I lean towards the light shade seen on the front or the darker one.

Heres a teaser

« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 06:12:28 pm by James Formo »

starforce2

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 06:30:03 am »
Go with the lighter one. I seem to remember it having a standard light hull like most fed ships.

Captain KoraH

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 10:54:46 am »
I think you should try something in between. Try this:

Make your aztec pattern for base hull color from 3 shades of grey. All shades of grey are made with red, green and blue in equal ammounts, but at different levels. Taldren uses greys ranging from 160-175 (that is, all 3 colors are the same number, ranging from 160 to 175) for the base hull color on the Akira, and 95-105 for the darker parts (lower numbers = darker grey).

Just my 2 cents about color.

Captain KoraH

Daekyn

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 11:48:57 am »
I agree, something inbetween the two would be fine. BTW James, I you finally managed to get an email through to me, don't know what was up with my hotmail accounts, I was using them to send you the files cause my main one wouldn't let me send large files at one time. anyways, yes, I do have that information you sent, I have read those descriptions, I will be sending you something in bit, I have a thesis to defend at the moment.

Daek

and I am so glad I could help