Topic: Welcome to Frost-Works.com  (Read 5754 times)

RipperMan

Welcome to Frost-Works.com
« on: February 08, 2003, 06:39:00 pm »
Hello Community!

Some of you may know me, some of you may not.

My name is Peter Davies AKA RipperMan

I have been away from the community to deal with my own personnel life, as I said my goodbyes I hoped that the community would remain the glorious entity it was whilst I was lucky enough to be a part of it. I have recently returned to the internet to see that my wishes have not come true. Seeing the situation of the star trek gaming community and what is available to help it, I decided to build a new organisation. Whilst this organisation was created I have kept it a non public area.

But finally, i am ready to release to you Frost-Works.

My aim is to bring the many communities of star trek together once more. To not only bridge communities, but to create them. To provide for them as never before, but most of all I hope to provide a step ladder to the world of gaming, that so many modders and modellers deserve but have yet not had sufficient opportunity to show what they can do. I intend to give you that opportunity!

Directly for you this means I am offering free hosting, without the need to drop any current hosting or commitment to any other groups. I offer you a new website, I will build you myself.  As far as quality of the server, I lease it myself. It is run by professionals, and is guaranteed to be up 99.9% of the time and has nearly 40 GB's worth of bandwidth. I offer you publicity, the type of publicity I gave to st Vs sw when I had their mod published in PC gamer, and their mod put on the cover-disk. I offer you the chance to have your work converted from whatever game your working on now, to SFC3 or BC. For those of you not currently working on a project, I offer you the chance to have your work profiled in such projects.

Important of all, I offer you the chance to work on an original game, one that will begin work within 1 week and has already been in pre-production for weeks. You will be paid for your work of course. This isn?t some false dream, or promise, it has already begun and I offer you the chance to be a part of it.

Many have already taken this opportunity, people like Chris Jones, Lord Bile, Dolphoenix and Rick 'Pneumonic81' Knox to name but a few, others will be showcased in the weeks to follow this announcement.

I hope I can work with you fine people, to make these communities great again...

Thank you for your time

Peter Davies AKA RipperMan

Administrator of Frost-Works.

Frost-Works  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 06:55:45 pm by RipperMan »

Lord Vader

Re: Welcome to Frost-Works.com
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 07:39:07 pm »
We hope you enjoy your stay and all we want you to have is a great ole time. when you stop by make sure you drop by in the forums and say hi, we can use the company have fun!

Doumo!

Brad Villa, AKA Lord Vader
Forums Administrator at Frost-Works

Dead Meat

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 08:19:11 pm »
Hey there Ripperman, LONNGG time no see, how's life in Hawarden????

Chris Jones

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 10:31:40 pm »
My site is moving to Frost-Works, although the old site will not disappear. It will serve in a different capacity. I'll work that out over time..

Direct link to new site..

http://www.frost-works.com/cjmods/

I also have a new forum..

see the link below..

Onward and Upward!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 12:22:56 am »
That is way cool Ripperman, no pun intended! Welcome back!

RipperMan

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 10:44:43 am »
Nice to see you guy!

Yep life was nice in Hawarden Dead Meat but i have recently moved to the states, i am up here in the not so cold as you would imagine place of Alaska!

LoL

I am not sure if it inspired the name or not ;-)

You guys should drop by the forums sometimes.

www.frost-works.com/forum/  

3dot14

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 11:29:23 am »
Wow, the same Ripperman from the old ApocEnt?

Great site BTW!

L_B

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2003, 11:53:36 am »
I should also mention that I have relocated my site to fros-works as well.
www.frost-works.com/darkrealmstudios/

enjoy!!!

Praxis

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 12:15:59 pm »
I remember ya I still have you on my ICQ list (though i haven't seen you in...um...how many years has it been...lol...well, more than one year at least).  VERY nice site, good job  

Bubba91873

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 02:09:53 pm »
Ripperman see that you have tutorials on porting over different ship formats to other games like BC and SFC.
Please have a tutorial on porting over SFC to Armada 2. It is sorely needed.
If you dont know who I am just ask Westworld at the Naval Armada forums. Me and him are members of the Warlords modding group.

BTW great job and I also support your efforts to bring all the Star Trek communities together.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 02:10:57 pm by Bubba91873 »

RipperMan

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 07:16:25 pm »
Hi guys, yep its me...

been a while i know.

I will look into that for the STC, i realise that it is needed.

Contact me on MSN rippermanuk@hotmail.com

-Peter

RipperMan

Forums
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 07:17:31 pm »
Thanks for the kind words people ;-)

check out our forums

Forums!

come and join the fray.  

Mackie

Re: Forums
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2003, 11:26:45 pm »
...and the giants return. .. so, erm. since the forums are running off phpbb why not to run the main page off mx-system?  

jimkirk

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 07:04:32 am »
Hey Ripperman welcome back. It's nice to see you agains since ApocEntertainment hace gone down
Yes indeed the giants are back  

RipperMan

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 07:07:55 am »
thanks very much guys, i am checking out that page you posted. :-)

chrisofborg

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 07:29:37 am »
Hi there,

I think you should definitely join forces with the people at trekuniversenetwork.com, as they have the same goals as you . If you don't, its gonna help things stay splintered.

Chris,

www.assimsoft.com

Mackie

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 08:02:52 am »
we @ TMS for one wouldnt (i believe i speak for us all fromthere ) mind for an unification... we got more ships than for example sfc3files.com but still somewhat semi-small community...  
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 08:05:43 am by Mackie »

Mackie

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 08:11:20 am »
some stats for those hwo are interested
http://www.themackiestuff.com/stats.php

RipperMan

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 06:28:28 pm »
Hi, you can contact me at rippermanuk@hotmail.com (MSN) or e-mail me at peter@frost-works.com

;-)

-Peter  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2003, 10:26:44 pm »
I've got about 45 ships ported into SFC3 if you guys want to host them it might draw some people to you. I like your idea, as far as I know it hasn't been done before now, at least not like you're talking about.

Captain KoraH