Topic: Delfaultcore.txt and Delfaultloadout.txt NO NEED!  (Read 1473 times)

StarTrekcaptain

Delfaultcore.txt and Delfaultloadout.txt NO NEED!
« on: February 11, 2003, 09:11:11 am »
Ok, I started adding models to my game last night.  I followed every tutorial I could find, and nothing happened.  Naturaly I got real pissed.  Then I started this morning and Wallop tada, all done.  But how I here you ask.  well I was wondering what the Customloadout was.  So i fired it up in excell and low and behold, it was where all my custim configs were.  So anway, i thought, well I'll give it a go, so I changed the model the game looks for into my new model, and would you believe it!  After almost five hours, changing lines of text and copying here and there, all I had to do was change 1 Word!  

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you people about this, and say, that you have been doing it all wrong.  All you need to do is choose the ship you want to copy, make a new refit of it, then save as the shi[p name or whateva.  Go to Custom loadout and change the model to your folder, I mean, even chris jones had it wrong.  

Anyway thats it.  I would really like some feedback to this, like, why has noone done this before etc/

Chris Jones

Re: Delfaultcore.txt and Delfaultloadout.txt NO NEED!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 09:44:34 am »
Actually it has been done before.  Captain Ravenous and I did it that way for the Re-Balance Mod now online at my site, and I continue to add new ships per my tutorial, refit them, and copy the customloadout specs into the defaultloadout.

The tutorials refer to putting in a brand new ship.. as I recall, not re-fitting. The custom loadout is a great way to refit and customize your ship after you get it into the game..  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 10:32:47 am »
This would not work at all for adding completely new ships to the game, and for making your own custom loadouts it's much easier to just copy and paste a line of text in your DefaultLoadout.XLS file. To change major things about ships, just load the DefaultCore.txt file into Excell and again copy/paste a line and simply change some names and masses. You could use stock Taldren data to make a completely new ship in about 5 minutes. But, to add a completely new ship to the game takes a LOT of work, and a LOT of concentration. If you get one single space in the wrong place, the whole thing is #$&%$%#$!!!! In adding close to 45 new ships to SFC3 I've come to respect people like Chris a great deal for their efforts.

What really should be the focus of learning is how to add new weapons to the game, or in effect, how to add new lines to the item.GF files or change the item names. That discovery would be revolutionary and would change the whole mod community for the better.

Captain KoraH

StarTrekcaptain

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 10:40:31 am »
I did try to add a new ship using your turorial Chris. (By the way, i'm a huge fan of your BC models ;-) ) I used the copy/paste mesthod in defaultcare and defaultload out, but it just didn't work.  I don't know what i did worng, it just didn't work.

Any way i'm happy now!

Captain KoraH

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 12:29:12 pm »
Well that's what really matters. Have fun!!

Captain KoraH