Topic: Cloak Eye Candy... What happend?  (Read 5416 times)

korus

Cloak Eye Candy... What happend?
« on: January 20, 2003, 11:17:10 am »
  In the Beta version of SFC 3 all cloaked races had a really cool looking cloaking effect and sound effect too with ships doing the "shimmering wave" like in the movies.  What happened?? That was soo cool...You even had the sounds effects sounding better.  Just curious...

Korus

EE

Re: Cloak Eye Candy... What happend?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 11:30:57 am »
Really?

Woah.. I want to see that!

Aenigma

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 11:35:52 am »
We want those nice waves when cloaking, not these brackish instant fade in/ fade out things (well, instant? )  

EE

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 11:41:38 am »
Quote:

We want those nice waves when cloaking, not these brackish instant fade in/ fade out things (well, instant? )  

Instant? LOL!

Well, its not instant but you know what, much better then SFC2 cloaking.  Its a big jump anyways.

Fornax

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 11:58:42 am »
As a SFC3 beta tester - I've seen a considerable number of patches for this game
but I am fairly certain that talking about any priviledged information is not permitted.

I'm suspicious that as I do not recognize the username, that this is either somebody
that either somehow acquired a copy or if it's just somebody fishing for something
they'd like to see.
-
On topic, what do you mean by your effect description anyways?

Bob Graham

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 01:02:05 pm »
He could have got the beta before Activision pulled it.

korus

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 01:14:12 pm »
Quote:

As a SFC3 beta tester - I've seen a considerable number of patches for this game
but I am fairly certain that talking about any priviledged information is not permitted.

I'm suspicious that as I do not recognize the username, that this is either somebody
that either somehow acquired a copy or if it's just somebody fishing for something
they'd like to see.
-

Think Star Trek VI, or ST III and you'll see what I mean. The fishing expedition was exactly that. It is something that would be cool to have. My apologies.

Korus

brotheda

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 05:47:05 pm »
I don't know, I would have loved to see the shimmering, I just figured it would be in the new one, I just didn't think any thing of it not being there, but if it was, well it would go, "oh way cool, it shimmers, just like in the show", its nothing more than eyecandy, but that is always a good thing to have, mind you, I rather a bugless game with little eye candy than a buggy game with a lot.

BTW, this new board looks great, an update was really in order, the old CGI Perl boards are on the way out.  

Fornax

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 06:13:31 pm »
Yeah, I'm sorry too - kinda jumped on ya.  And yep, can see that - might have been a reference to the beta (was public) patch release.  Doesn't matter - I shouldn't have worried about it like I did.

korus

Cloak Eye Candy... What happend?
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 11:17:10 am »
  In the Beta version of SFC 3 all cloaked races had a really cool looking cloaking effect and sound effect too with ships doing the "shimmering wave" like in the movies.  What happened?? That was soo cool...You even had the sounds effects sounding better.  Just curious...

Korus

EE

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 11:30:57 am »
Really?

Woah.. I want to see that!

Aenigma

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 11:35:52 am »

EE

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 11:41:38 am »
Quote:

Instant? LOL!

Well, its not instant but you know what, much better then SFC2 cloaking.  Its a big jump anyways.

Fornax

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 11:58:42 am »

they'd like to see.
-

Bob Graham

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2003, 01:02:05 pm »
He could have got the beta before Activision pulled it.

korus

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2003, 01:14:12 pm »
Quote:

they'd like to see.
-

Think Star Trek VI, or ST III and you'll see what I mean. The fishing expedition was exactly that. It is something that would be cool to have. My apologies.

Korus

brotheda

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 05:47:05 pm »
I don't know, I would have loved to see the shimmering, I just figured it would be in the new one, I just didn't think any thing of it not being there, but if it was, well it would go, "oh way cool, it shimmers, just like in the show", its nothing more than eyecandy, but that is always a good thing to have, mind you, I rather a bugless game with little eye candy than a buggy game with a lot.

BTW, this new board looks great, an update was really in order, the old CGI Perl boards are on the way out.  

Fornax

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2003, 06:13:31 pm »
Yeah, I'm sorry too - kinda jumped on ya.  And yep, can see that - might have been a reference to the beta (was public) patch release.  Doesn't matter - I shouldn't have worried about it like I did.