Topic: Already gots yous some WIP pics!!  (Read 1622 times)

Ducttapewonder

Already gots yous some WIP pics!!
« on: August 28, 2003, 10:39:30 pm »
You know how I like those Connie varients.........Heres another one

She should be done by next weekend.  

Fire Blade

Re: Already gots yous some WIP pics!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 10:53:22 pm »
Very nice I want one  

Chrystoff

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 11:30:28 pm »
Yes, yes. Very nice. Very nice.  

Terradyhne

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 04:50:56 am »
first looks like a Comanche class assault frigate without the photon pot and the second looks like a Hatfield class command cruiser but if this should be the Hatfield its saucers back is wrong because the Hatfield has only one hangar on the right back of the saucer, the other side has a commmunication array but those models look good and could somone please tell me where i could get such a aztecing for the saucer without that grids and phaser details !??    
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 04:51:53 am by Terradyhne »

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 06:17:08 am »
Hi Ducttapewonder
   Very nice to see and nice to see you back on line    

Marauth

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 06:54:17 am »
Yo the first one is the Hatfield it's secondary hull is obviously obscured by the massive primary hull which comes from the Knox class frigate so yes it should only have one hangar on the right. The saucer is just P81's saucer texture, which is on pretty much every fed retexture around except Pataflafla's ones. And no you can't get it without the deflector grid unless you wanna pic the grid off of that with the paint brush tool or something. BTW Terradyhne - what ever happened to those Sha'Kurians you were gonna convert to SFC I asked for?

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 07:06:24 am »
You know if you got rid of the megaphasers and third warp engine it would make a nice CVL or GSC.  The space energy
matter attraction sensors on the pimary hull could double for special sensors to control drone and the like.  

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 07:16:15 am »
Che?

Seriously in english - 'space energy matter attraction sensors' - there's so much wrong with that phrase being applied to a piece of technical equipment that I'll just ignore that lovely bit of technobable and call them sensors, anyway a CVL is rather limited on the drone front isn't it? Besides wouldn't need some kind of thru-deck capacity to be a capable carrier like the Oriskany or Guam, or that really ugly one that looks like a slab of concrete with a saucer stuck halfway in it, it has 2 connie hulls on the underside, can't remember the name.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 07:46:54 am »
Hi Lestat
   One thing that bothers  me about about the through deck carrier concept and same goes for the TOS Federation dreadnought,  is that  the forward facing shuttle bay  is exposed to enemy fire  that when you bring your ship into close quarters combat .  Sorry captain our thu deck has been rendered inoperative by enemy fire on the second volley the phaser passed through the sheilds and the bay doors taking out all our landing bay technicians. There are mulitple explosions happening due to fighter drone reloads being hit.   While I like the look of a thru-deck carrier I don't know if the concept matchs what comes from Starfleet Battles. Personally I think the original SFB Flat top carrier and variations on that theme
make some more sense. I like the Ariel class Shuttle carrier design .  As far as the Space Energy Attraction sensors I didn't make up the that term it was on the tmp blueprints, so I use the terminology that I have at hand to describe that part of the ship that i'm refering to.        

Marauth

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 08:23:04 am »
yes but don't those plans also make reference to something called magnatomic flux chillers!!! And they're meant to be the warp exhausts! In the words of Homer Simpson "you see? Gibberish, it's all gibberish!"

I don't think the thru-deck carriers are as vulnerable as you think, I mean, most of the time when a fed ship has to take a hit on the fore quarter it takes it on the saucer section - which is what it's there for, to take damage without endangering any vital systems coz all that's there is officers and crew quarters so an enemy ship's still got a lot of saucer to eat through unless they can get underneath the ship, in which case they have much better luck just targetting the warp core like Khan did in STII. Also carriers are not the most maneuverable ships and it's more than likely that the enemy could just attack them from behind and take out the rear shuttlebay. Furthermore there is more than likely to be some kind of internal segregation of the forward and aft shuttlebays, probably just a series of interior bulkheads that could seal off the thru-deck at vital points so that if it is hit in such a manner as you describe then the damage will be contained to only the small section near the bay doors where the hit took place. I thikn we all know why you like the Ariel But for a CVL the Oriskany/Guam (TMP/TOS thru-deck carriers respectively) make more sense than the bloated flatbed carriers from SFB as they are meant to be derivatives on the heavy cruiser hull (invariably the connie ofcourse) it makes sense to me as the only other alternative would be to drastically expand the rear of the secondary hull to accomodate a double length shuttlebay and have bay doors on the port and starboard hulls.

After that display I feel I must reaffirm my blokishness so: did you see Britney kissin Madona at the VMAs yesterday LOL

Back to the Trek I thought I'd mention something which nobody has probably considered - the Soyuz would make a great new light carrier, think about it, the Miranda as standard has those 2 pretty big bays and the extension on the Soyuz's rear hull seems to be basically a huge hangar (as evidenced by the third bay entrance taking up the whole rear end of the extension) even if we take into acount the space needed for the toroidal tokomak style fusion reactor to power the impulse engines contained in that wedge stuck to the back end it still leave a lot of room for fighters, given the impulse reactor is no longer present in between the 1 and 2 shuttlebays these could be joined to each other and hence to the third main bay giving one hell of a big hangar. Assuming you remove the sensor pods and that plating around the nacelle struts I think it'd make a perfect NVL, then if you added a rollbar with torpedo pod in the usual location as on the Miranda you'd have the perfect NVS!

James Formo

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 08:34:45 am »
Wowzers-nice work Duct Tape-you are a wonder for sure.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 12:55:15 pm »
Welcome back DTW! Nice WIP stuff there! Definitely must haves for any Ships-of-The-Starfleet collection! Well done!

KF

Rhaz

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 09:40:27 pm »
I really like the engines - (FWIW, I think white would be better than purple)

Azel

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 09:42:32 pm »
Beautiful my man
Always a pleasure to see your stuff  

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 09:52:31 pm »
Thanx all for the feedback. I think I'll do 2 versions of this one. One with 3 nacelles and one with 2.  

E_Look

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 10:56:06 pm »
I agree with Terradyne... I've always loved your textures... not to say the meshes are chopped liver...  

Chrystoff

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 05:55:49 pm »
Been looking forward to this heavy hitter!! It rates a hefty **TWO BUMPS** and a half!!  

Quote:

You know how I like those Connie varients.........Heres another one

She should be done by next weekend.