Topic: Orion Pirates LDR & Wyn  (Read 2216 times)

Arcanum

Orion Pirates LDR & Wyn
« on: September 04, 2003, 02:48:19 pm »
Hi All,

Been ages since I was on the boards but I have a question for the Mod Community...

And that is has or did anyone make a small mod to replace or convert say Tigerheart to LDR forces and Cambro to Wyn forces? With the actual race selection showing on choose your empire?

I know the ships are included in the model folder, and Thull has those totally awesome ships on his site.

Thanks!

3dot14

Re: Orion Pirates LDR & Wyn
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 08:42:15 am »
NO, No one has undertaken that, since that Pirate and empire map layers are segeragated. If LDR is made into the T slot, LDR cannot affect Lyran empire at all. (which is wrong...)

LDR is still within Lyran, and WYN with in Mirak.

(although it will be more interesting if LDR is within Mirak and WYn within lyran... at least the in fighting can be properly simulated.)

Ducttapewonder

Re: Orion Pirates LDR & Wyn
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 02:27:59 am »
I dont see why it wouldnt work.......I have often changed the landscape of politics in my SFC games. If you replace the cartels with the WYN and LDR, go into............C:\Program Files\Taldren Software Inc\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\MetaAssets\ServerProfiles\SinglePlayer\MetaMap.........there you can change the political tensions between the empires and cartels. For example, I am playing a single player campaign.....Feds, conquest. When the campaign begins the feds are mortal enemies with the klinks, at war with the roms and lyrans, and discussing the details of an alliance with the isc.......i wanted there to be some balance considering the gorn, mirak and hydrans were my allies. So i went into said file and allied the isc with the klinks, roms, and lyrans and made them at war with the feds, gorn, mirak and hydrans......

If you have notepad (if you dont this mod is probably the least of your problems) than it should be a piece of cake.

Good luck