Topic: Evn tho Im a bit depressed I managed to get this far on my Retextureing  (Read 2027 times)

Khalee

I tried to make it look like its been out on patrol for a while and the brown is ment to be rust on the hull

Marauth

Re: Evn tho Im a bit depressed I managed to get this far on my Retextureing
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 07:52:41 pm »
Classy - for an SFB Gorn, can't really say I like them. At all. But yeah I totally dig the rust patterns - very subtle and not overblown like you tend to get people putting on Klingon ships. 2 things - 1. what's with the bright red urinal cakes stuck to the wings and underside? I'm pretty sure they're the plasma launchers but really - couldn't you tone 'em down a bit? Also those 2 big dark-grey slabs in the midships look like they could do with a lick of paint to match the rest of the hull. Other than those 2 things a very nice textureset on a pretty cool mesh.

Khalee

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 08:54:26 pm »
Well the grey slabs are the shuttle bay not yet done. And yes the red things are the plasma launchers, since they are not fixed and can track their target I put in the black stripe to show that, and I see what you mean they are kinda bright.

And I dont know what color to really make the final plasma emiters which are the green things.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:07:23 pm »
Nice job Khalee
      I hope that your depression passes.  I like what your doing.  

E_Look

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 10:42:16 pm »
TVL,

See my response to you in AtraHasis new ship thread; this is an example of what I mean- I think Khalee is doing a pretty fine job, but the original SFB designers could have taken five or ten more minutes to come up with a cooler design!  (uh, in my opinion, that is!)

Rod O'neal

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 10:54:15 pm »
Quote:

Well the grey slabs are the shuttle bay not yet done. And yes the red things are the plasma launchers, since they are not fixed and can track their target I put in the black stripe to show that, and I see what you mean they are kinda bright.

And I dont know what color to really make the final plasma emiters which are the green things.  

Don't be too concerned with how bright the plasma swivels look in a render. Check it out ingame before you decide that they're too bright. as far as the color for the actual tubes/launchers goes. For them to be noticable in game they'll have to be pretty high contrast to the swivels. I don't know what res you run your game at. I run mine at 1280x768. The models get pretty small. They don't take up half the screen like they do in a render.

Nice job though. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product    

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 12:01:43 am »
Ok cant sleep so I did two differant kinds of shuttle bays.

The first opens like a garage door, the blue window iw suppose to be where they control the launch and recovery of shuttles  from and could use some pointers in makeing it look better.

The second pict shows it opeing like the fed CA's do clamshell like side to side.

So which one looks better.

starforce2

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 12:08:09 am »
the 2nd one.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 12:10:34 am »
Quote:

the 2nd one.  

Agreed  

sandman69247

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 12:16:19 am »
WOW! You can definitely tell you're taking your time with this. Very detailed so far.

I like the look of pic 2...looks more realistic, and the feel of the clamshell style is right. Good Job!

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2003, 05:44:45 am »
I really don't like the original SFB designs which is why I never played SFB.

However, even I can recognize a well done model. This is certainly nothing to be depressed about.

Any plans to do some non-SFB designs?

Again, nicely done.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Qapla!

KF

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2003, 07:15:15 am »
HI Khalee
    I like this door arrangement don't forget the shuttle landing targets on the wings

Thanks for Sharing with us keep up the great work

Khalee

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 09:52:48 am »
A little update on the shuttle bay.
And if you have to ask I desided I did not like the look of the phaser mounts so Im redoing them as well, which is why they dont dshow up in the second picture.

Smiley

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 11:13:42 am »
I'm not one for SFB designs but you're certainly making a good job of it!
Chin up matey!    

E_Look

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 01:22:01 pm »
Hey, Khalee,

Sorry, but I can't seem to spot in either picture where the shuttle bay doors are!      

Rod O'neal

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2003, 12:47:49 am »
Quote:

Hey, Khalee,

Sorry, but I can't seem to spot in either picture where the shuttle bay doors are!      

On the main hull right above where the "wings" connect. there's a green glow over the top of the doors.  

Khalee

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2003, 08:20:54 am »
Well no more updates for a while as I got to head back out over the road,and woun't be back untill the end of the month.

And I still dont have a lap top yet that I can take with me  and stay connected

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2003, 01:46:42 pm »
Hi Khalee
   Drive Safely and I look foward to reading some new posts at the end of the month.