Topic: Sandman-yorktown problem  (Read 1258 times)

starforce2

Sandman-yorktown problem
« on: September 03, 2003, 04:08:17 am »
I was checking out your yorktown model in max yesterday and the whole model is goofy. basicly, the parts of the ship that are facing me are invisable, and I can see the other side of the ship solid, as if the whole thing is turned inside out. I tried looking for something that would invert the ship but no luck.

DonKarnage

Re: Sandman-yorktown problem
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 08:28:52 am »
i got a dreadnought call yorktown for sfc2/op but i don't know if its the one you have, go look there and look in the dreadnought file for it: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekmods/

Marauth

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 08:44:12 am »
Probably not as this is the UESN Yorktown class carrier from the SFM - Starforce, Sandman told me that when he originally put it ingame, all the faces were inverted, so he inverted them on the mesh and it kind of reveresed the effect ingame - you tried playing it in the game?

DookeyKing

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 10:54:47 am »
Lots of models show flipped faces in MAX but show up properly in the game.  If check it in the game and it's ok then no biggie.  If you want to render then mesh, then all you have to do is select all of the faces and flip the normals.

Scott

sandman69247

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 11:21:59 am »
What they said.

If it's for the game, it should be ok, but if for rendering, just select all, then go to the modifier rollout, scroll to NORMAL, then check the box that says "flip normals".

Hope that helps.

starforce2

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 07:38:50 pm »
Hmm, When I port it to bridge commander it may screw up.  

sandman69247

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 12:31:54 am »
Want me to send you a 3ds of it? I'll send you my copy from the max file, that way I can send it all flipped and showing up.

starforce2

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 02:23:56 am »
Sure, that would work. There's no really hurry as thunderchild who was collecting the sfc museum stuff hasn't even mentiooned how far he is on it. I need to find out.