Topic: New stuph at TheMackieStuph (and Mare Imbrium)  (Read 1689 times)

atheorhaven

New stuph at TheMackieStuph (and Mare Imbrium)
« on: September 03, 2003, 12:04:51 am »
Alright, finally got some new stuff up at Mackie's that has been completed..

Ironcross class

Flash class

Wickerman class

Please check the credits in the conversions, I state in there that if you're going to port to another game, you are to ask all the people who worked on these ships for permission to port. I'm stating this in here because some people won't read the credits./B]

Also, up at Mare Imbrium is my retexture of Sandman's Remora.  Put this up a little while ago, but kind of wanted to wait until all the retextures kind of made their way through the forums.

http://www.themackiestuff.com/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc2/remora_v2.zip

And doing this for Klingon Fanatic in addition to the Doomsday Machine retexture.. this is a WIP shot:

So a good amount done, and some more on the way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by atheorhaven »

Klingon Fanatic

Re: New stuph at TheMackieStuph (and Mare Imbrium)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 12:58:19 am »
Wow!

Well done.

I must absolutely refrain from ANY commentary on the warbird as not to JINX the project.

Thank you.

KF

starforce2

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 01:07:49 am »
that item ventrally on the flash, that a torpedo launcher or the impulse? I thought it was dorsally mounted on the novas.

Captain Ron

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 01:10:17 am »
I can't wait to retextu...

I mean download them!

Captain Ron

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 01:44:22 am »
There is an error on the Ironcross the area below the shuttle bay says Enterprise. And on the Flash it is a Impulse Engine on the textures.

Edit:
Oh to cool You actually picked the same models I have been using for most of my texture reworks. I just have to do some slight work for the lower hull and I can have a Green, Red and Yellow versions out in a few days!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 01:48:47 am by Captain Ron »

Mackie

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 01:52:51 am »
Quote:

There is an error on the Ironcross the area below the shuttle bay says Enterprise. And on the Flash it is a Impulse Engine on the textures.

Edit:
Oh to cool You actually picked the same models I have been using for most of my texture reworks. I just have to do some slight work for the lower hull and I can have a Green, Red and Yellow versions out in a few days!

´

I know that. im not good with textures and Atheorhaven already fixed that for the conversion. as usual....

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 02:05:11 am »
I already fixed it do you want the texture?

Mackie

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 04:21:59 am »
*cough* well i suppose he fixed it by the time he coverted it but ill check  

[edit] yeah he did, there are some minor things like the aft writing but thats not really something you can see easily ingame
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 04:25:58 am by Mackie »

Azel

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 07:44:57 am »
AWESOME Work Alec!!!!
and props to you too Mackie!!!!
now all we need is My Ophidian-Class
Please  

atheorhaven

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 08:58:00 am »
Usually when I release some of Mackie's ships, I use Mackie's renderings instead of some of my own because Mackie has them already up on his site (so I don't have to take the extra time to render, and the extra space for pictures).

But all these ships now have the class name as their registry name.. so there is the U.S.S. Ironcross, the U.S.S. Flash, and the U.S.S. Wickerman.  I replaced the names and registries on every texture that came with the ship.. even on textures that may or may not be used with the new ship.  Just C'sYA in case you *think* a texture isn't used, and it actually is.  

I also *try* to do some basic hp/dp's so that everything isn't firing or projecting from the center of the ship.  They aren't always accurate, and I'm reasonably certain that they're not.. but I include them so that later, they can be moved into the right positions for each ship.  I only know for certain what one HP does in reference to SFC anyways (wasn't that much of an interest when I first started modding, though I'm looking for more info on it now.)  

If anyone has a list that said HP1=Heavy Weapon, HP12=Phaser or some such that went through all the possible HP's you'll find in SFC 2 and 3, that'd make me a happy camper to get my hands on.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 09:06:05 am by atheorhaven »

atheorhaven

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 09:00:25 am »
Quote:

AWESOME Work Alec!!!!
and props to you too Mackie!!!!
now all we need is My Ophidian-Class
Please  

Is it up where I can get to it Atolm?  

I want to convert over everything that Mackie has in .LWO so we have them all for play.

Mackie

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 09:20:02 am »
I thought i had already given you that one

Mackie

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 09:24:52 am »
and incase i didnt

www.themackiestuff.com/wip/ophidian.zip
the lwo+textures

atheorhaven

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2003, 09:47:01 am »
Got it now though, thanks..

Captain Ron

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2003, 11:27:28 am »
Quote:

I also *try* to do some basic hp/dp's so that everything isn't firing or projecting from the center of the ship.  They aren't always accurate, and I'm reasonably certain that they're not.. but I include them so that later, they can be moved into the right positions for each ship.  I only know for certain what one HP does in reference to SFC anyways (wasn't that much of an interest when I first started modding, though I'm looking for more info on it now.)  

If anyone has a list that said HP1=Heavy Weapon, HP12=Phaser or some such that went through all the possible HP's you'll find in SFC 2 and 3, that'd make me a happy camper to get my hands on.

If you have ShipEdit it will show up there at least the basic location of the HP on the model
basically 1-10 are Heavy Weapons and 11-25 are phasers. Any HP that has a dual HP will work for either type.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

sandman69247

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 11:28:50 am »
Good stuff my man! As always.

Captain Ron

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 02:58:21 pm »
Ok Yes I nit-pick but...

On the flash on the leading edge of the warp pylon as it merges with the secondary hull from the at the top on some angles you can see down into the model. Noticed it by accident as the blue coming from it caught my eye in the game.

Marauth

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2003, 03:08:09 pm »
Probably he didn't calculate the normals - that happens to me when I do kitbashes and whenever you distort a piece of the mesh the normals still 'think' they should be in their old position and the polygons begin to flicker and become transparent at certain angles in the viewer and ingame.

starforce2

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 09:37:00 pm »
one of mackies ambassadors do that too, right above the deflector. I can't remeber if it's the warspite or belmont.