Topic: WZ45's Lexington and Ulysses Class retexture work  (Read 2197 times)

Klingon Fanatic

WZ45's Lexington and Ulysses Class retexture work
« on: September 03, 2003, 06:17:22 am »
I was having problems  with the dark blue engines on the Lexington so I decided t use Ganymad's lighter blue warp engine textures on it. The end result for me was I had less distracting lines (my PC graphics card issue?) when I circled the ship. In the process of retexturing WZ45's fine Ulysses with Ganymad's textures I decided to also add the deflector from the Dawnstar by Redragon and the 'gold' bridge dome and sensor dome to give the ship more color. Again, I like the ship so I didn't do too much retexture work, the end result you can here:

The Ulysses was really cool to start with but I love Ganymad's retexture work on Moonraker's USS Nebacaddnezzer. So I attempted to use his textures and the same Dawnstar deflector here. According to Atheorhaven's site the Dawnstar is a late TMP/early TNG. If so great, the deflectors could have been tried out on Lexington and Ulysses class refits. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, LOL.

Note I tried to pay homage to the original FBCH when I did this retexture.

Now to get ahold of Ganymad and Redragon now that I have the nod from WZ45!

Qapla!

KF
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Azel

Re: WZ45's Lexington and Ulysses Class retexture work
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 09:00:26 am »
Sweet job man...Is it availible to DL???  

atheorhaven

Re: WZ45's Lexington and Ulysses Class retexture work
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 09:18:44 am »
The only thing that I'd suggest would be to maybe color match the textures a little bit more than they are.  Feddie engineers typically try to get their hull textures matching as close as possible, otherise the ships start clashing with everything and they don't get invited to formal dinners at Starfleet anymore..