Topic: Back from a recon mission [A little bit bigger project]  (Read 3285 times)

Mackie

Back from a recon mission [A little bit bigger project]
« on: September 01, 2003, 06:27:37 am »
Alright then, first time in the history ive started a little bit bigger kitbashing project because ... well.. its a more personal kitbash that i intent to give some Identity to...

Heres a little flash of what im doing:

The person who quesses what it is (or what ship its going to be) from the registry , gets a cookie and ill show you some more stuff  
(heres a little tip: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11131&start=20 )  

Klingon Fanatic

Re: Back from a recon mission [A little bit bigger project]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 07:41:48 am »
 A Davids class with Excelsior componants? LOL, I was hoping for an Andor, LOL!

I look forward to seeing this when its ready.

Qapla!

KF

Mackie

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 08:03:17 am »
Davids -C , yep *throws a cookie to KF *
im doing this because i need a new flag ship

the complete ship lineage:

1. USS Davids,  Davids class, NCC-1788
2. USS Davids,  Davids class refit, NCC-1788-A
3. USS Davids,  Galahad class, NCC-1788-B

and now this
4. USS Davids, Ironcross class refit, NCC-1788-C

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 08:18:03 am »
Of course Admiral Berman was recently implicated in a plot to destroy the canon universe and was stripped of his rank and sent to rura penthe where he will spend the rest of his life massaging the 'knees' of a certain big blue alien Admiral Roddenbery is suspected in a conspiracy to cover up the existence of starships designed by an engineer named Franz Joseph, evidence is being collected in preparation for a courtmartial.

Mackie: you say it's gonna be an ironcross refit, does this mean no ent-b secondary hull? (I say Ent-B rather than Excelsior because of the first pic which shows a green 'B' saucer)

Mackie

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 08:24:57 am »
lets just say that its a "little" bit different connie sec hull, even more m4d looking than the last one  

Mackie

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
here be the ship "badge" or whatever it is

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »
So, where is the ship?

Maybe this could be the Lexington Class Refit?

Qapla!

KF

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 02:28:38 pm »
BTW Mackie, are you gonna green-out the paint on the connie secondary hull? It would really help to blend the ship to look more like one design. BTW KF - look on the ship's emblem you can tell that's not a drawing, it's a screen-grab or whatever of the actual model.

Mackie

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 03:15:18 pm »
maybe, maybe not, thats one of the reasons why i havent showed you any full pics yet, i want the ship to be 'perfect' in a sense..  

Mackie

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 04:06:23 pm »
some more details

Marauth

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 04:44:56 pm »
K I'd better remove that before I get in trouble

(for those who didn't see it it's got that black blind musician dude with the red-crosses over his sunglasses saying 'I can't see sh*t!')
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 04:59:36 pm by The Vampire Lestat »

Mackie

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 04:53:39 pm »
having the same problem too, something wrong with the server id quess  

Mackie

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2003, 01:30:09 am »
whats wrong with the picture, IMHO it was funny

heres the USS Davids lineage to the current design , to those who wonder

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 02:10:24 am »
You sure?

Looks like the B and C should be reversed.
The C looks more between TMP and TNG, well the B looks more tolds TNG, Voyger.

Mackie

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2003, 02:13:48 am »
I know B looks somewhat more advanced but it isnt...
for example
B = photon torps, torps, ballpoint phasers, old impulse engines, excelsior type deflector
C = q torps, photon trops, phaser arrays, lakota type impulse engines, sovereign type deflector
« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 02:16:08 am by Mackie »

James Formo

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2003, 02:31:09 pm »
C version looks best for TNG. The B version would be too angular for TNG, which has all smooth lines for the most part.

Hey Mackie, what class would this ship be in TNG? This is where I am not sure how to fit ships out. Would it be a CA class still?

Marauth

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 02:49:25 pm »
Given it's size it would probably be a CL by the TNG era, they were into that whole - bigger is better philosophy then. Oh and what about the Steamrunner, or Sabre, or Akira or the Norway, or the Defiant - not all smooth lines and curves are they, even the Sovereign has its share of angles. It was only the Galaxy era ships which are early TNG for the most part, if you go by registries the Steamrunner and Akira etc. are older than the Galaxy! the Nebula and all the Wolf359 ships are also the same age as the Galaxy or older than it with registries in the 60000s so it's a bit of a phalacy that TNG ships are all organic looking curves and smoothness.

BTW Mackie - where did you get that deflector texture, I wanna put that on my TNG connie it looks classic.

Mackie

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 03:07:50 pm »
i nicked it from redragons sovvy

www.themackiestuff.com/wip/showcase
some more small renderings, nearly there now...  

Marauth

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 03:22:58 pm »
|<1(|< 455 R3|\||)3R1|\|65 |\/|4(|<13!!!1

Where can I get Reddragon's Sovvy then?

James Formo

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2003, 03:27:35 pm »
Quote:

Given it's size it would probably be a CL by the TNG era, they were into that whole - bigger is better philosophy then. Oh and what about the Steamrunner, or Sabre, or Akira or the Norway, or the Defiant - not all smooth lines and curves are they, even the Sovereign has its share of angles. It was only the Galaxy era ships which are early TNG for the most part, if you go by registries the Steamrunner and Akira etc. are older than the Galaxy! the Nebula and all the Wolf359 ships are also the same age as the Galaxy or older than it with registries in the 60000s so it's a bit of a phalacy that TNG ships are all organic looking curves and smoothness.

BTW Mackie - where did you get that deflector texture, I wanna put that on my TNG connie it looks classic.  

Good points. Let me rephrase. I like the C version the best  To me all the angles in the B version are wasted energy. Like the C version goes from front to back in a graceful curve. While the B version gets there in zig-zag fashion without appearing to add anything to functionality. It does look nice in its own rugged way I guess.  

I think the later TNG designs got more angular simply because they wanted the ships to stand out more and make it look like they were all built with new advances to repel the Borg threat.

I think the David class is meant to have outlasted the TMP era and been refitted for TNG.  That is portrayed nicely in The C version as the B version looks like a completely new ship rather than an upgrade.

Plus Mackie says its TNG era.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »