Topic: U.S.S. Babylon - Ulysses Class  (Read 1354 times)

WickedZombie45

U.S.S. Babylon - Ulysses Class
« on: August 31, 2003, 07:41:17 pm »
Another of the big guns, the Ulysses class from KA and SFC - essentially, a TMP era Galaxy class. Though she's not exactly one of my favorite designs, I figured it couldn't be too tough to build a hi-res version. You can grab it from DRS with the usual bells and whistles:

Marauth

Re: U.S.S. Babylon - Ulysses Class
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 07:50:47 pm »
W00t! It be kitbashing time!!! LOL

I'm a little low coz M6 can't open your new dreadnought so hopefully I can make some nice stuff with this one instead. Oh and it's a cool ship to fly aswell, I like most of the details, but I think the bridge looks a bit weird sitting there on it's own in the middle of nowhere, just IMO. I must say WZ you're working at a rate of knots on these TMP update ships, I surprised you haven't exploded, or eaten the brains of the boards populace

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 08:09:27 pm »
Wow!

That is an Amazing picture of the Ulysses vs the C-9 by Jrstandfast!

The Ulysses class is my second favorite non-canon Fed, right after the FASA Chandley, LOL!

Are you going to do the Ark Royal or the Yamamoto BB next?

Well done!

"Yet another example of Federation militarism at work."

KF

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 08:51:03 pm »
Despite how much I love the Yamato design, except the wafer thin saucer, I would have to say if WZ is going to do one of the 2 then it would have to be the Ark Royal, no one's made a really good high-poly Heavy Carrier that looks the part in, well, erm, ever! I'm sick of using the George W. Bush class aswell, dunno why P81 called it that, I personally doubt Starfleet would look back through earth's history and say - "oh yeah, he was a great guy worth naming an entire class of ships for" LOL. BTW is that the C8 or the C9, I forget which is which, the difference is in the third nacelle placement and wether or not it has the pod on top.

Kestrel

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 09:02:47 pm »
Where did you get those awesome photon torpedoes?

WickedZombie45

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 09:36:44 pm »
-For the most part, the TMP Feds are finished, though I still have a few more that can be built from the Connie series:

Ark Royal
Okinawa
Missouri
Yamato - possible, but that is one ugly sumbitch
Miranda

The rest of the TMP Feds are planned (Excelsior anyone?) but I don't know how long I can keep on this modding rush before something crops up.

-I was planning on hitting the KA/SFC Klink designs next, but they definitely will not be green ghouls and most likely be based on the K'tinga paint scheme for sanity's sake.

-That's the C9 as KF stated, unless we somehow got the variants crossed.

-Those torps are flares added to the renders I made of the ships, not actual in-game graphics. If I get a chance, I'll tinker around with some that'll work in SFC.  

ActiveX

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 09:51:32 pm »
TNZ has an Ark Royal...

starforce2

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 12:19:01 am »
The ulyssies is perhaps one of the ugliest TMP I have ever seen, but you seem to have done a decent job.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 06:13:20 am »
Hi Wicked Zombie
    Its a beautiful sight to behold.  

Fire Blade

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2003, 09:04:37 pm »
bump