Topic: Here are some more WIPs from Lestat...Ship News as Well!  (Read 3031 times)

Rogue NineCH

Here are some more WIPs from Lestat...Ship News as Well!
« on: August 31, 2003, 06:59:25 pm »
I meant to have this up a few days ago, however work, hosting problems, and a 5' 4" beauty who calls me her B/F conspired to keep from completing my work.  (That's right, I just had to brag about her just once.   ) Anyway, here are some pics of a drone cruiser Lestat is working on, it's based on WZ's Connie.  I like it, and we want your opinion as well.  Also there are pics of his DDG, CVS, and CVL also a scout as well.  I think he is doing an excellent job and hope he keeps bringing these fabulous ships to our community.

On another note, I am releasing nine ships tommorrow. Four of them are by Lestat, and five by me.  They are:
Lestat - Oriskany, Cyrenaica, Dalmazia, and the Larson.
Rogue NineCH - Atlanta, Wilkerson, and three Remora Variants.

I am redesigning some of the pages on my site, so I wouldn't expect any of these ships to be up till late tonight.  The Wilkerson and the Atlanta are retextured and slightly remodeled, I think you guys will like them.  I still have to take the pics ingame and stuff, so it will be a couple hours before the pics are up, so be patient.

Now onto Lestat's pics

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue NineCH »

Marauth

Re: Here are some more WIPs from Lestat...Ship News as Well!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 07:43:12 pm »
BTW I forgot to mention to Rogue, I need names for the CAD and the DDG - suggestions welcome, will be doing a name pack for the ships anyway so the more the merrier.

Thanks go once again to Swiss Rogue (if you get the connection to his name I'll give you a shinny penny ) for the hosting.

Almost forgot, I've just started work on a battle-damaged constitution, no pics yet as there's not much to show but I got a really nice vibe going with the airbrushing tool so hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 07:44:27 pm by The Vampire Lestat »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 07:50:13 pm »
I see the tunnel deck found it's way on the CVS I was trying to find a pic to post, but all that I could find were official ADB ones. ADB is pretty definitive on what they think about posting their art, so I couldn't. Thanks for listening though, it's much appreciated. I like the gold/tan trim on the CAD as well. It helps with tacintel, as well as just looking good  

WickedZombie45

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 07:51:17 pm »
Very slick work VL. The yellow detailing is a nice touch of continuity with my old drone cruiser model.  

Marauth

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 07:53:04 pm »
I still don't know what you mean by tunnel-deck, I'm guessing you meant the thru-deck like on the CVL, it's just a modification of that with an extra torpedo pod. It's still basically an Oriskany class. Oh well, glad I could please really.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 08:05:13 pm »
Quote:

I still don't know what you mean by tunnel-deck, I'm guessing you meant the thru-deck like on the CVL, it's just a modification of that with an extra torpedo pod. It's still basically an Oriskany class. Oh well, glad I could please really.  

LOL Shuttle bay doors on the front and back of the engineering hull. The shuttle/ftr bay is the whole length of the 2ndary hull. In SFB it allows for 2xlaunch/land rate, or combination of the two. Usually the lower hull is cut off where the taper is for the dish and the bottom half of the enlarged openning that's left is dish and the top half is shuttle doors. The "push-me-pull-you" look is pretty cool though  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 08:47:37 pm »
 [ Fade in: Early 2291, Scene: The High Council Chamber  Qo' Nos, a large table where Chancellor Gorkon, General Chang and a dozen council members and thier staff sit listening to General Raast Molkatha's assessment of the Federation buildup.]

"I conclude that the High Council must not sit idol while the Federation continues to prepare for war!" -General Raast Molkatha, commander Starbase Goloth, Klingon-Tholian Border

"These drone cruisers you speak of are not impossible to beat Molkatha. Let us not forget our Romulan allies. Everyone in this room knows just how opportunistic our Romulan friends can be.  I'm sure Chancellor Gorkon would be able to pursuade the Federation that it is NOT in their best interest to continue this build up." -General Chang, Commandant, Klingon Academy

"Remember, Molkatha, the Federation is not entirely made up of warriors. Most Federation citizens would rather pay for schools for their children in peace time than new classes of warships. These new ships will cost the Federation dearly to arm, equip and operate. We needn't engage them in battle to defeat them. We simply need to keep them from from having an excuse to deploy. It is only a matter of time before the bureaucrats that actually run the Federation scream that they can not afford to keep these ships operational at their current levels. " -Chancellor Gorkon

Klingon laughter.

[Fade out]

Well done, keep those ships coming.

How about some Romulan and Klingon ships next?

Qapla!

KF
"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2003, 08:56:01 pm »
Hmm, I'm not too good at kitbashing Klingon ships, and much as I like to kitbash Thu11s' Romulans, they simply wont open in M6 I do have some old B'rel kitbashes in storage, a G2 police transport, an intrasystem patrol ship and a defiant style BOP to show Don Dawson what one would look like. Oh and I might have had a prison ship variant but I'm not sure. I could always have a look at Moon's K'T'inga and see what I could do with it...

Edit: Oh and @ WZ, I got the idea for the gold specifically from looking at your Ivanov NCD and thinking - that'd look cool on a constitution. I actually considered a bright blue hull paint for the carriers at one point, but it came out too garish so I axed it and went for the standard faded pastel shades of blue.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 08:58:12 pm by The Vampire Lestat »

wanderer

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 09:50:07 pm »
Quote:

BTW I forgot to mention to Rogue, I need names for the CAD and the DDG - suggestions welcome, will be doing a name pack for the ships anyway so the more the merrier.

From SFB history...

"The heavy cruiser Agincourt was badly damaged in one of the first battles of the Klingon invasion; its photon bank was entirely destroyed. Due to the demand for photon tubes by new consruction, it would take too long to repair the ship. Rather than see an otherwise operable ship left in spacedock, the Federation refitted it with drone racks repacing the photons and added speacial sensors. Drone storage was increased. It served for many years as the Federation's only heavy drone cruiser."

As to the DDG names...

DD, DDG, DDL(unspecified)

500 Saladin
503 Alaric
508 Suleiman
509 Etzel
510 Tamerlane
511 Alexander
513 Ahriman
514 Rahman
515 Adad
516 Hashishiyun
517 Azrael
518 Hamilcar
520 Ares
521 Pazuzu
522 Hiawatha
523 Atilla
525 Golda Meir
526 Brigham Young
529 Skanderbeg
531 Daniel Morgan
533 Israel Putnam
536 R E Lee
537 Thurmost III

DD

502 Darius
504 Sargon
505 Xerxes
506 Pompey
512 Hannibal
530 Charlemagne
534 Eisenhower

DDG

527 Sadat
519 Shaitan
528 Czar Alexander IV
535 Suvarov

DDL

501 Genghis
507 Kublai
524 Zoroaster
532 Lysander
538 Leonidas
539 Marius

Anywho's, my $.02  

Btw, great work, sir.    

sandman69247

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 11:31:17 pm »
Great job!! Now to d/l and blow up some Klinks!

Marauth

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 07:49:20 am »
I've been doing up a set of name packs for the Saladin and Hermes, giving them reasonable registries for their age - i.e. higher than the constitution registries, I'm not really bothered about clashes with other fan ships, just the more well known stuff like the SOTSF, well some of it anyway, I'll list the 40 ships done so far:

NCC-1750 USS SALADIN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1751 USS JENGHIZ ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1752 USS DARIUS ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1753 USS ALARIC ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1754 USS SARGON ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1755 USS XERXES ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1756 USS POMPEI ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1757 USS KUBLAI ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1758 USS SULEIMAN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1759 USS ETZEL ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1760 USS TAMERLANE ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1761 USS ALEXANDER ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1762 USS HANNIBAL ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1763 USS AHRIMAN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1764 USS RAHMAN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1765 USS ADAD ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1766 USS HASHISHIYUN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1767 USS AZRAEL ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1768 USS HAMILCAR ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1769 USS SHAITAN ? SALADIN CLASS
NCC-1770 USS HERMES ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1771 USS ANUBIS ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1772 USS CHRONOS ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1773 USS AEOLUS ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1774 USS DIANA ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1775 USS QUINTILLUS ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1776 USS BRIDGER ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1777 USS CARSON ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1778 USS BATIDOR ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1779 USS CODY ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1780 USS REVERE ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1781 USS SPAKER ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1782 USS BOWIE ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1783 USS SACAJAWEA ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1784 USS TONTI ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1785 USS CROCKET ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1786 USS PARK ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1787 USS REBMANN ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1788 USS LIVINGSTONE ? HERMES CLASS
NCC-1789 USS BURTON ? HERMES CLASS

All but 5 of the Hermes are taken directly from Franz Joseph Schnaubelt's original lists but I bumped up the registries to above the 50 constitutions from the SF museum. I'm gonna do another 20 Saladins and then 20 Akulas aswell so that's another 39 names I need (discounting the USS Akula which automatically gets a place)
Later on I'll probably do name packs for the constitution class and Federation class and hopefully WZ will release a Miranda and I'll do a set for them, they're consistent from 1850 up to 1888 - the Surya class which is refitted to the Miranda, the Miranda for some reason is 1833 so I've got to fill the gap, I'll probably use some of the names from the Coventry class which has criminally low registries in the 1200s

As for the drone cruiser, Agincourt it is.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 05:16:38 pm »
Hi Lestat
   You've done some nice work those ships are welcomed additions to the fleet.  

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2003, 09:44:16 pm »
Bump for an update.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 10:18:34 pm »
Yellow CA did one long time ago

also have a yellow Excel will post some pics in a bit.

Captain Ron

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2003, 11:30:58 pm »
Here is a Photo page with all the ones I have done 10 Connies and 5 Excels

GAFYs' Place

starforce2

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 12:27:05 am »
Quote:

Yellow CA did one long time ago

also have a yellow Excel will post some pics in a bit.  

Where can I get that model and they yellow excelcior? That scheme looks great.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 12:56:39 am »
right now I have no web site or host, so give me an e-mail addy either here or by a PM and i can send you the files.
Currently I am using the green and yellow ones, the UPS one actually looks really nice by it can only be used to replace a freighter. There is always a chance, slim to none, that I will complete a shippers wars mod. I will continue to do the ships as at least that is fun to do.

I currently use villagephotos to host my images because it is free.

starforce2

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2003, 01:04:46 am »
starforce2@bcfiles.com can take large attachments. Sometimes it doesn't like zips so it might not work. we got a virus scanner that complains about half the files we get. If it doesn't work, I can give you an ftp over pm, but you'll need an ftp program. Unless u can file transfer voer an instant messenger?

Captain Ron

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 01:19:09 am »
The ships are on the way let me know if you get them.

starforce2

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2003, 02:16:10 am »
got'em! I'll check them out sometime hopefully tomarrow.

starforce2

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2003, 04:56:11 am »
Quote:

Here is a Photo page with all the ones I have done 10 Connies and 5 Excels

GAFYs' Place  

You need one for Barbie to go along with the "That B*tch has everything" bumperstickers. lol. Fedex and ups..funny.
I wouldn't mind seening a ghost busters either, perhaps on a sov and converted to "borg busters" oh well. just random thoughts..

Are all the texture variants mapped the same? Could be interesting to post the postal ones, and maybe scooby.

The Yellows in BC:
http://www.nightsoftware.com/starforce/New/
I am going to pull the lightmap of themackiestuff excelcior bashes so I can get a version with the top portion of the nacelles lit as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 07:32:12 am by starforce2 »