Topic: Excelsior Variant Ingram Class  (Read 3194 times)

Bernard Guignard

Excelsior Variant Ingram Class
« on: August 31, 2003, 07:49:29 am »
What surprises me the most is that no one has thought to attempt to model the Ingram Class Space control ship
as a an excelsior variant      or these other variants

Well one can hope

Klingon Fanatic

Re: Excelsior Variant Ingram Class
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 08:29:14 am »
I don't like the top pic with the thin nacelles but the others look like simple kitbashes using  engines from say Atrahasis' Archanar [sp?] and  P81's Kodiak.

KF

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 08:59:50 am »
HI Kf
Yes I agree I never cared for the thin excelsior engines I'd prefer to see beefed up Excelsior engines or some thing different,  but this ship is big. The size comparison shots next to the Enterprise in the blue print package says it all. The funny thing is that the second picture is the official updated ship by the author who created  the first set and still the warp engines look ugly being that short and stubby. The other pictures are fan produced kitbashes got to love those I like the primary and secondary hull design and the mulitple shuttle bays that can carry lots of shuttles and cargo.
What I really like about the design is that it keeps the same TMP elements that the Constitution refit has on the primary hull so
it looks like a precursor design to the Excelsior.

here are some stats:
length overall = 590.6 meters
Width overall = 237.7 meters
height overall = 88.6 meters

primary hull
lo= 251.3 meters
wo= 237.7
ho = 36.4

Nacelle
lo = 313.1 meters
wo= 13 meters
ho= 24.2 meters
even the bridge module is larger on this ship!!!
I started to draw it in cad format and I never got around to finishing the drawings    

Chrystoff

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 10:58:33 am »
Hey! I remember this ship from (Masercom Data??) blueprints. It was supposed to be the combat-heavy varient of the Excelsior line. Very heavy firepower, including megaphaser canons, multiple torpedo launchers, and a lots of hanger space. Something like 5 different hangers for shuttles, fighters, dropships, ect. A very awesome ship. I'd love to have this for the game!!  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 03:20:04 pm »
Hi Chrystoff
   Thats a big  Ten four on your comments  

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 03:22:14 pm »
I wouldnt mind seeing a varient with those Kodiak engines.  

Chrystoff

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 10:16:57 pm »
Quote:

Hi Chrystoff
   Thats a big  Ten four on your comments  

You got it, Bernard! Very few people seem to know of the existance of this Excelsior sub-group, so it was great to see it get some mention.