Topic: Looking for this knox ship  (Read 1293 times)

starforce2

Looking for this knox ship
« on: August 27, 2003, 03:51:32 pm »
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm#3-nacelled

It was from DS9. I am positive knox is the only one who made this oddity, and since the link I have for his knox kitbashes site isn't working despinte it working 2 weeks ago...

Does anyone have this kitbash? I think it was called medusa or something, but can't be certain.

James Formo

Re: Looking for this knox ship
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 03:56:34 pm »
Maybe it was banned. All 3 nacel ships should be just because there so ugly.

starforce2

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 04:57:20 pm »
Quote:

Maybe it was banned. All 3 nacel ships should be just because there so ugly.  

Blasphemy! The gal-x is the best ship of all time!

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 05:04:20 pm »
Got it, it was hosted on Unimatrix1 but that's down forever. Where'd you wan it sent?

BTW I'll zip it up but if it's bigger than 2.3mb then yahoo wont let me send it in one go so I may have to send it in 2 or 3 emails.

Oh and the Gal-X sux, it's a fanboyish hotrod only the likes of Berman and Braga could design, that said there are some nice 3 nacelled ships, the TMP version of the Federation class for example. No design will ever beat the Connie refit aka Enterprise class.

James Formo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 05:05:01 pm »
lol- no you sir are mistaken. If this were in fact true you would already have it. I rest my case. I will only add that by claiming that this is the best ship you insult all the other ST ships. Tis is SACRILIGOUS and I fear the fate of you soul is in grave peril
indeed. Gene Roddenberry must be rolling in his grave by now.

Marauth

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 05:44:34 pm »
Yeah and I got a bone to pick with GR aswell, he was a spiteful dick, he made up those rules about ships having to have even numbers of nacelles and the nacelles visible to each other across the hull and the one about the bussards being visible from the front purely to discredit Franz Joseph Schnaubelt's designs, FJS didn't want to work with GR on TMP so GR made up some bull to ensure that fans didn't look at his (FJS) work. Except ofcourse Gene's plan didn't work did it - the Federation, Saladin and Ptolemy classes designed by FJS are among the most popular ST ships in fandom, and to rub salt into the wound they're canon! The lines 'Dreadnought Entente NCC-2120' can be heard in the radio chatter in ST:TMP rendering the Fed class canon (Entente is a Federation class Dreadnought) and the Saladin and Ptolemy - and possibly the Federation class too can be seen numerous times in those flashing data displays on screens, first in STII and later in several early episodes of TNG.

Anyway Formo, Starforce evidently already has the Gal-X, he's not asking for it, he's asking for the Medusa/Trident (fandom names) Excelsior variant.

starforce2

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 08:30:27 pm »
actualy, a federation class dreadnought is visable by site in a space dock scene. You need to look very close to see it, but it's defenetly got a 3rd nacelle.  

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 09:16:37 pm »
I doubt that as there was no studio model or study ever made for the Federation class as Paramount doesn't own the design, also there were no model kits available of it untill the garage companies started making all thoe conversion kits in the early '90s. Which film does the Federation appear in? I know of the McQaurie study of the Enterprise that snuck into the Spacedock scenes of STIII. Do you reckon you could post a pic?

starforce2

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 12:15:48 am »
if you have the medusa that I want, u can mail me at starforce2@hotmail.com and I'll give you an ftp login to upload it.

But this was a pic of ships comming and going from a space dock as the enterprise pulled in. In the very large high res version you can cleanrly see a 3 nacelled connie. I will dig through some CD's and see what I can come up with.