Topic: Introducing... The SFC3 Stock Replacement Mod  (Read 3122 times)

Scorpion

Introducing... The SFC3 Stock Replacement Mod
« on: August 26, 2003, 07:09:45 pm »
I'm currently working on a mod for SFC3 called the Stock Replacement Mod, which should be up for download soon.  This mod replaces almost all of the playable stock ship models in SFC3 with some of the best ships I could find.  All of the Federation, Klingon and Romulan ships are replaced and all Borg ships are replaced except for the pyramid and the diamond.
Two of the models only had their textures changed -the romulan light cruiser and the borg sphere.  One model was resized  -the borg cube (it's bigger now).  Also replaced in this mod are the non-playable ferengi marauder, pirate frigate and pirate light cruiser.

-Scorpion Out  

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Introducing... The SFC3 Stock Replacement Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »
 :o I have a stock replacement file on disk and i must say that up to a point it works just fine. The point i mentioned is that after you install the file you end up with better looking ships but.... when you go to a spacestation or planet to change your weapons you will find that some of your hardpoints are lokated outside of your ship and others are at different locations as before so it can be confusing. :o

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 06:39:41 pm »
Today i downloaded your rebalance expansion mod and it works perfectly. One thing though, The music is so boooooring that it puts me to sleep so i downloaded and installed the music add on of the mod NDF 1.8 current. That makes your mod a bit more exiting.  :) :) :)

yochenhsieh

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 08:56:38 pm »
Today i downloaded your rebalance expansion mod and it works perfectly. One thing though, The music is so boooooring that it puts me to sleep so i downloaded and installed the music add on of the mod NDF 1.8 current. That makes your mod a bit more exiting.  :) :) :)
I don't know about the developers of the NDF mod, but I'm living in Taiwan. In my country, it's illegal to redistribute copyrighted material, which including soundtracks. You can use his mod if it works fine with mine, but being a modder, I cannot risk getting into any possible lawsuit problems.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:57:47 pm by You-Cheng Hsieh »

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:02:23 am »
 :huh: So if i understand you right it would be of no use to ask you if you could do something about NDF. You see only 25% of that mod works as it should, the rest does not work. I mean with this that in NDF you can only play with the Federation/ Klingon alliance. You can not play wit the Cardassians or the Romulans or the pirates. You can only meet them in combat as opponents. I have tried to find out who wrote that mod but the names are nowhere to be found. As you can see in an other thread i put in dynaverse.