Topic: 1.01  (Read 2270 times)

Traveler

« on: February 05, 2003, 06:24:16 pm »
Read the list of fixes.  Not only did it fix a bunch of things that I didn't even know were broke; it fails to fix real problems.

like:
 single player campaign saves vanishing
 A.I. being allowed to force a battle (mp)
 player/A.I. ship type not listed with name in mission select

Pestalence

Re: 1.01
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 06:56:40 pm »
Quote:

Read the list of fixes.  Not only did it fix a bunch of things that I didn't even know were broke; it fails to fix real problems.

like:

should be fixed from the limited public beta that got recalled same day it was released.. build 488

Quote:

this is not a game bug but a design feature.. Ai moves across the map with more of a purpose and can actively seek to complete missions that Human players have available to them...

Quote:

This to is addressed in a different way, although directions on use are not clear... and it doesn't need patching...

Before moving into a Hex, right click on hex and see what Human / AI are there by name/ ship type / ship name / current PP / Career PP

Ai also has the ability to select missions that human players get and some servers are set to Must Play in Enemy Hex... this is a Server feature that can be enabled / disabled.

therefore, mission selection screen is not broke.. it is designed that way... this works in store release and is not changed in Beta... (reference build 488)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Traveler

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 11:39:22 am »
>Before moving into a Hex, right click on hex and see what Human / AI are there by name/ ship type / ship name / current >PP / Career PP

So i can tell who has what in a hex I'm not in, but if someone enters a hex I'm already in I can't see what they have?  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 11:57:39 am »
Quote:

>Before moving into a Hex, right click on hex and see what Human / AI are there by name/ ship type / ship name / current >PP / Career PP

So i can tell who has what in a hex I'm not in, but if someone enters a hex I'm already in I can't see what they have?    

Right click the hex you are in (from the Map view).      

Thanos1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 01:22:06 pm »
Not if they have already attacked you....

-suleo  

Traveler

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 06:24:16 pm »

like:

Pestalence

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 06:56:40 pm »
Quote:

like:

should be fixed from the limited public beta that got recalled same day it was released.. build 488

Quote:

this is not a game bug but a design feature.. Ai moves across the map with more of a purpose and can actively seek to complete missions that Human players have available to them...

Quote:

This to is addressed in a different way, although directions on use are not clear... and it doesn't need patching...

Before moving into a Hex, right click on hex and see what Human / AI are there by name/ ship type / ship name / current PP / Career PP

Ai also has the ability to select missions that human players get and some servers are set to Must Play in Enemy Hex... this is a Server feature that can be enabled / disabled.

therefore, mission selection screen is not broke.. it is designed that way... this works in store release and is not changed in Beta... (reference build 488)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Traveler

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2003, 11:39:22 am »

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 11:57:39 am »
Quote:

Right click the hex you are in (from the Map view).      

Thanos1

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 01:22:06 pm »
Not if they have already attacked you....

-suleo