Topic: The USS Remora Retex. w/ 3 Variants!! *Very Image Heavy*  (Read 2747 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The USS Remora Retex. w/ 3 Variants!! *Very Image Heavy*
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 12:10:29 am »
This is also too good for page two....

and I 'd also like to see the 3 nacelled version with the bottom two slanted.....that was tough man!

starforce2

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 12:17:38 am »
any chacne u can kill the nacelle glow on the over/under nacelle version? (and probably the 3 ancelled version too) looks kinda silly with one side glowing and not the other with that or the center nacelle of the dreadnought variant. Aside from that, they look good.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2003, 01:33:43 am »
Quote:

any chacne u can kill the nacelle glow on the over/under nacelle version? (and probably the 3 ancelled version too) looks kinda silly with one side glowing and not the other with that or the center nacelle of the dreadnought variant. Aside from that, they look good.  

Actually that is the way it's supposed to look, if you look at the Enterprise, that is the way it the glow was only on one side.  If you reposition the nacelles that how it would look at warp speed.  I'll tell you what I'll do I'll add alternate textures to my site that has the glow on both sides and on neither, it will be a seperate zip, but everyone that plays SFC now knows how to switch out the textures, so that won't be a problem.  This would be alot simple than adding them to the bigger zip files I would have to reupload them and I have enough to do tonight as it is.

Marauth

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2003, 06:44:47 am »
Yo Rogue, actually that's only ever been the case on the connie refit, on the Reliant in STII and every time the studio model was seen (except the Bozeman) it had both sides blacked out, also it's pretty much accepted that for ships with odd numbers of nacelles or top-bottom nacelle arrangements they are either lit or black on both sides, not half and half. Just saying is all, really black would be better as it's meant to be some kind of armour to protect the inside bits.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2003, 07:28:44 pm »
Quote:

Yo Rogue, actually that's only ever been the case on the connie refit, on the Reliant in STII and every time the studio model was seen (except the Bozeman) it had both sides blacked out, also it's pretty much accepted that for ships with odd numbers of nacelles or top-bottom nacelle arrangements they are either lit or black on both sides, not half and half. Just saying is all, really black would be better as it's meant to be some kind of armour to protect the inside bits.  

Well I have only seen the movies, so I'll take your word for it.  Personally I think the glow is part of the appeal, it just looks great.    That's why I will have alternat textures, so people can customize, the ship to their liking.  I don't know if I'll do that for every ship, but the Variants would be easy to do.

Marauth

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2003, 07:43:51 pm »
Hi there Swiss Rogue, it's good to offer customisation but those one sided glows just look kinda lame on odd nacelles oh well, "all'ogni il suoi propri", that's to each his own, I think...