Topic: Who thinks Janus and Paladin at SFC3.net are dicks? *DELETED* *DELETED*  (Read 12117 times)

Lord Vader

Re: Who thinks Janus and Paladin at SFC3.net are dicks?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 09:48:17 pm »
  I dotn get it, but they took my admin rights away.(I got the Admin rights so I can help out with the forums and Do there imagry) I was posting some stuff to help out the community and asked paladin to post that "want a Flame war forum" Poll, he told me to go ahead, and they deleted it..... I dont know why they deleted it but I am never going over there again, It is way too strict. I guess someone posted soemthign bad and then they deleted it.... hmm last time i checked the vote was 11 to 1 and they favored the new forum. hmm beats me. Moderators dont have bannign powers, only admins do. I could of banned people, but why would I? I dont favor banning unless they do soemthing like that AA character did. That Place just dosnt make any sense!    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Lord Vader »

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 09:53:52 pm »
Yea? Well I still cant believe it.....

James Formo

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2003, 10:03:21 pm »
I think the line from "COOL hand Luke" fits the sfc3.net forum.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

James Formo

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2003, 10:10:58 pm »
Quote:

I dotn get it, but they took my admin rights away.(I got the Admin rights so I can help out with the forums and Do there imagry) I was posting some stuff to help out the community and asked paladin to post that "want a Flame war forum" Poll, he told me to go ahead, and they deleted it..... I dont know why they deleted it but I am never going over there again, It is way too strict. I guess someone posted soemthign bad and then they deleted it.... hmm last time i checked the vote was 11 to 1 and they favored the new forum. hmm beats me. Moderators dont have bannign powers, only admins do. I could of banned people, but why would I? I dont favor banning unless they do soemthing like that AA character did. That Place just dosnt make any sense!    

I was reading that thread when it got deleted-cause I tried to reply and it said message doesn't exist or not found. When I refreshed the page it was gone. There were no bad posts in it. So I started a new page with my reply stating to read and then delete my post as it was off topic.

I saw early today Palidan had the thread at top that said all off topic posts were deleted.

I also think I may have read what Janus said. I don't think he was calling me abusive but just saying that ingeneral for guidelines of people in the forum. I already had steam coming out of my ears at the time so it read like He called me abusive.

Any way I said I was leaving thier forum  so gotta stick to my guns or my word doesn't mean diddily.

I'll just post here.  wish my post from SFC3 would transfer over here. Maybe I would be up to Lt. Commander then

Geez the whole thing is a mess and I feel was handled poorly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2003, 10:17:25 pm »
Im still not believing it....

3dot14

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2003, 10:27:10 pm »
Lord Schtupp, what's not to believe?
(that's an honest question, not meant to be rhetorical.)

I still don't get, what kind of joke did p81 pull to start this unholy mess?

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2003, 10:33:09 pm »
I'm not giong back. Thats for sure

Well, Looks like the good ole days may be back  
Got everyone back here at the Taldren forums again.
Lets put this crap behind us and crank out some models  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 10:33:52 pm by Ducttapewonder »

James Formo

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2003, 10:37:44 pm »
Quote:

I'm not giong back. Thats for sure

Well, Looks like the good ole days may be back  
Got everyone back here at the Taldren forums again.
Lets put this crap behind us and crank out some models  

I am all for that-lets crank em out now. Break out the roll of  old duct tape  

I feel  real motivated all of a sudden.  I need an extra roll of tape so the wings dont fall off.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2003, 11:26:05 pm »
Quote:

Lord Schtupp, what's not to believe?

Thanks 3dot14 Im glad you asked...

What cant I believe? My eyes.

I cant believe Im seeing this thread.  Just yesterday I publicly stated at SFC3.NET that I would ban myself there because I thought that banning atra, p81 and Don Dawson was unfair and heavy handed. I did so because I had never seen in over two years of visiting this forum I had never seen Atrahasis put down anybody nor call anybody names, except maybe in the Don dawson wars. Until tonight that is. Here Paladin has reinstated all three, deleted all those stupidass threads so we could move on, and now I see this. THis thread is total bullsh1t Atra. It goes against everything that I and many others stood by you for.  You know that I had total respect for you Atra but now...Well I just don't know. Too bad you where "absent" during that time. I am way disappointed dude. This really makes me sad.

Quote:

Who thinks Janus and Paladin at SFC3.net are dicks?

Not me. Theyre human and make mistakes like all of us. Trying to manage a forum while still working for a living. Who was there when Taldren was down? Ummm... SFC3.NET. You guys need to practice what you preach and cut them some slack.

Seriously.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2003, 11:44:09 pm »
Quote:

Im sure Paladin deleted it like the other threads just so we could move on. The three where reinstated, so mission accomplished right? as far as your admin rights i dont know, maybe that was unfair esp if they didnt tell you or maybe it was an accident. Why dont you ask them LV?

BTW that green is to hard for my old eyes to read!

James Formo

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2003, 12:04:54 am »
Well I suppose my image then may be tarnished in the eyes of some for posting in this thread.

But I was starting to dislike SFC3net because there were getting to be fewer and fewer threads about modding. Then a trol pops up and most of us thought it was a troll. Then find out its a joke-well I kind of felt like a fool then. Then 4 people get banned and all threads are about that. Then there reinstated. So what point was made by banning them and why ban.

So I was still trying to get some clarification on what all happened and my post then is called off topic and locked or deleted.
I may have misread Janus calling me abusive  but I don't feel I owe anyone an apology other than p81 for assuming that it may have been all preconcieved and I gave it already.

After 4 people getting banned they could have opened it up for discussion or let things settle down before they delete off topic posts.

Nothing was solved here. I think their goal was to egt the froum focused back on modeling.  I don't think that is what happened. I think a lot of us are confused and hurt over it. At least I am. I did say I was leaving and I meant it.

Perhaps this should have been left out of this forum but it is hard to seperate the 2 as many use both.

I am saddened by the entire situation but I am simply going to get back into modeling now more then ever.

I  was even one that complained to the moderater about what I thought was a troll. I will never forget my 1st ship release where a troll said it looked like puke and offered to pour liquid plumber down my throat.  and no one chased him out or stood by me either.

So I dislike trolls immensly that is why I complained about what I thought was a troll. I understand I wasn't the only one.

Anyway I am putting this behind me.  Yea maybe the title of this thread is offensive but Atrathis is human also.

Plus he isn't the admin of the forum-I really think the situation was handled poorly.  An emotional roller coaster was not what I needed after last weeks tragedy.

lets all move forward now and try to all learn something.  If someone thinks I really behaved poorly in all this I will consider your feedback.

Tommorrow I am starting a new mesh.  

Clark Kent

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2003, 12:23:42 am »
I can chime on with you Lord Schtupp, only not as harshly.  Atrahasis, there are many of us that did our best to stand up for you when you got banned.  Paladin was actually more than willing to listen.  Gents, it's pretty harsh to talk about them like that.
CK

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2003, 01:32:37 am »
Atrahasis was the one who inspired me to get into modeling for SFC by the way... so I dont post this lightly my friends.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Lord Schtupp »

Atrahasis

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2003, 01:45:56 am »
I'm sorry Shtupp, but you really had to have been there. OK, this is another example of how tightly wound up they are: In the general forum I make one little stand-alone innocent comment:

"SFC3 is room temperature."

OK, I swear to God that's ALL I said.

Then Janus comes in and writes in my post:

"Can you clarify what you mean by this? I'm getting tired of you baiting admins and forum members... Janus"

I mean, holy cow....my little opinion there deserves an accusation like that from the moderator?

They DO have a serious power trip problem going on there, Shtupp, as you can see there have been plenty of complaints. Yeah yeah I may have been making jokes about their tightness in my postings here but frankly don't you think they do deserve to have some fun poked at them? I mean...considering?

James Formo

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2003, 02:10:15 am »
I am still trying to figure out how the whole forum was notified of the banning and who was banned. That is something that should have been done though email privately.  The whole thing was classless. You don't ban 4 people and announce it to the entire forum and then delete threads from people who want to discuss the banning. I mean its treating people like children and some of  us are adults. Then open it up to a vote if you want them reinstate em, then reinstate em all in like 12 hours and then not answer any questions about it.

That is why I think they did it publicly, they were making examples out of people. Hey like Palidan says he supports the site out of his own pocket so he can do whatever he wants.

Why do I feel like a dog chasing my tail.  Man I say this was classless. I am pretty sure they banned me by now cause I saw palidan reading this thread. Well all I can say is a forum that bans 5 people in 24 hours ain't about the members.

I seen topics in this forum titled so and so was banned. WEll over there that thread would be deleted. Why is that. They publicly ban people-then you want to talk about it cause you know these people for almost a  year then they delete or lock your threads.  

And go check out there a thread where I said I left so if they ban me I was already gone.

I am grateful to post here. I used to hate threads like these but now I see why they sometimes are needed.

TheSkinMan

@!#@$#$%@
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2003, 02:23:31 am »
Quote:

I'm sorry Shtupp, but you really had to have been there. OK, this is another example of how tightly wound up they are: In the general forum I make one little stand-alone innocent comment:

"Can you clarify what you mean by this? I'm getting tired of you baiting admins and forum members... Janus"

I mean, holy cow....my little opinion there deserves an accusation like that from the moderator?

They DO have a serious power trip problem going on there, Shtupp, as you can see there have been plenty of complaints. Yeah yeah I may have been making jokes about their tightness in my postings here but frankly don't you think they do deserve to have some fun poked at them? I mean...considering?

Thats bull [censored] and you know it why dont we give a link to all the post so every one can read every thing you said that pissed off the admins. http://sfc3.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=388607626&f=239607626&m=1206058612
o ya and the topic of your post at sfc3 froums.

Quote:

Is slightly-anti-Taldren rhetoric allowed here or will we get banned?  

You new just by making that topic it would piss off the admins and start trouble. I am geting sick of all this it seams that a few not named people move from forum to forum making trouble peopel get pissed of and run them out, you knwo who you are ,bc then taldren then sfc3 forums now back to taldren, now what will taldren get sick fo it and run some people out of this forum? Now what forum will you go to nexed ?

I got alot fo hate email and pages because people i never new or never even talked to asumed becase i was a moderator i banned people, when it was posted that i did not have any part of it. Did i get one page saying sorry or a email?  HELL NO!!  

Like i said i dont need this i will stop making model for sfc games, its not worth dealing with alot fo peoples bull [censored], and this post is just that bullsh*t! Makes me sick i have to even see it.

SkinMan - Puts onFlame Retardant Vest .....OK BRING IT!!!!

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2003, 02:29:18 am »
Quote:

Lol Yea I know I was there. if you recall I had suggested doing the "Graduated response" thing in the first place. I followed the whole thing.  Yea I too thought that Janus over reacted and the way they edit users posts such as yours and, in the thread that LB had started, the moderator had completely deleted Andurils totally reasonable post. Now you know theres a problem there! Thats why, like a son of Feanor, I lept straight away to your defence and had declared myself banned along with the three of you. Yea you have a legit gripe - no doubt about it.

But not like this. This kind of thread is totally beneath you and is completely devoid of the usual Atra cleverness. If someone else posted this thread I KNOW you would be rolling your eyes at its ridiculousness. Would'nt you be fighting against this kind of post in the modeling forum? Dont all of us modelers hate OT - hate posts in the modeling forum? When it happens I see a LOT of complaining about it, so isnt this thread hypocritical in a sense?

I had been away for a while so I dont have a feeling of how long this kinda thing ("power trip") had been happening. Sure it seems that they deserved a good poke or 2, hell i was kinda playing along.

So you had your fun, they got mad, you got banned, we all bitched, you got reinstated. VIctory for us right? Thats how I see it. You must also, I cant concieve that you do not. This "Dick" thread is mean and petty, and after the fact. Paladin did reinstate you after all. So move on, right? Not this BS...

*Sigh*

I dont know what else to say. to me it seems obvious that Its just wrong. wrong wrong wrong.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Lord Schtupp »

James Formo

Re: @!#@$#$%@
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2003, 02:35:03 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Thats bull [censored] and you know it why dont we give a link to all the post so every one can read every thing you said that pissed off the admins. http://sfc3.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=388607626&f=239607626&m=1206058612

Quote:

You new just by making that topic it would piss off the admins and start trouble. I am geting sick of all this it seams that a few not named people move from forum to forum making trouble peopel get pissed of and run them out, you knwo who you are ,bc then taldren then sfc3 forums now back to taldren, now what will taldren get sick fo it and run some people out of this forum? Now what forum will you go to nexed ?

I got alot fo hate email and pages because people i never new or never even talked to asumed becase i was a moderator i banned people, when it was posted that i did not have any part of it. Did i get one page saying sorry or a email?  HELL NO!!  

Like i said i dont need this i will stop making model for sfc games, its not worth dealing with alot fo peoples bull [censored], and this post is just that bullsh*t! Makes me sick i have to even see it.

That was bad that people did that. flaming you I mean. I wasn't one of em. I never take it that far-just ain't worth it. I believe that ties in a bit with what I was saying. I mean this whole banning got aired publicly. I think that is my biggest beef. I know you had nothing to do with that.  I don't know if it was L-B that announce everyone got banned or just who. But then everyone starts taking sides and it split up the entire forum. I mean fragments baby like when 3 scatter packs unload on a frigate.

Thats why banning 4 people should never be done publicly. Geez I think that is common sense.  I think it will divide the entire SFC community for some time.  Everyone has to pick what side they are on now.  edit that- some who are smarter then me stay out all together.

And please pleas don't quit makeing SFC models cause of this.  I know posts like this suck when they have 35 hits and your models which I feel are the best in the forum maybe get 8-11 hits.    I hope you notice that I cooment in all of yours.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2003, 02:50:41 am »
Quote:

Jeez DONT do that! Make models for your personal satisfaction first, not for us YO-YOs. Dont let this bullsh1t make that kind of difference. Your work is awesome.

As for the hate emails, that was despicable sman. I hope that at least one person will apoligize to you for it. If so all is cool.

Thats the problem as I see it. I mean THE PROBLEM. With everybody on this planet it seems. everywhere. Well Two Problems really:

1. Nobody ever wants to apologize - no they gotta stick to their guns no matter what.
2. Thicker skins. Boy - things would go 90% smoother if everybody had 10% thicker skin.

Atrahasis

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2003, 03:05:20 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You get hate mail? I wonder why? Aren't you college-educated so you're above being hated?