Topic: Who thinks Janus and Paladin at SFC3.net are dicks? *DELETED* *DELETED*  (Read 12115 times)

Atrahasis

Post deleted by Atrahasis

pneumonic81

Re: Who thinks Janus and Paladin at SFC3.net are dicks?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 09:25:16 am »
actually they banned u me and don dawson. then bile created a poll to get us back, in which anduril was censored ( his post altered) and other meyhem.

for the record bile was banned after the incendtn for lord knows what. they said he was rude the admins. btu i read his posts. for once he was civil. it was an unessesary banning. in fact i think banning may have gone a bti too far. i like paladin and all, but i will prolly steer clear of the forum.  they have an itchy banning finger.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 10:42:44 am »
Actually they said LB was a mistake and apollogized for it.

It is strange you got banned Rick, But I do see how Atra and Don got it. I also think it was pointless as they had already agreed that they were done doing that to eachother there.

pneumonic81

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 11:59:24 am »
yea, well they said i was spammignt he forum w/ off topic stuff, btu there were tons of off topic stuff. oh well. they reinstated me the next day, so no biggie. as for lb, im glad that was just a mistake, he did nto deserve to be banned, he didnt even do anything.  

L_B

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 12:21:37 pm »

Atrahasis

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 01:09:18 pm »
Hold on, if Dawson was the 3rd guy to have been banned and not LB, is Dawson also reinstated?

Mackie

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 01:10:41 pm »
since taldren, far as i remember, has never been so arse rammingly G-rated as sfc3.net I shall say that they should stick their banning fingers deep as they can in their brown-one-eyed monsters.    

Atrahasis

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 01:42:42 pm »
LOL thanks for the support Mackie, nice imagery there btw.

You know, something smells damned odorific about Janus the Anus when he says that he banned LB "by accident". I for one don't frickin' believe him. I think he was just so unbelievably prickish that he decided to take it out on LB along with the rest of us. Think about it:  When LB tried to post he gets a really specific message saying "You're screwed buddy, abusive to moderators." Not me, Pneumo, nor Dawson ever had any interaction with the moderators, but LB did. If jAnus meant to ban someone else other than LB, who the hell could it have been? No one else.

I think the odors emanating from the words he said tell us pretty clearly that he banned LB on purpose but he made up that accident story to cover his own ass in order to not be too reviled for doing what was essentually a non-sensical and unfair action.

Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 01:47:03 pm »
Quote:

actually they banned u me and don dawson. then bile created a poll to get us back, in which anduril was censored ( his post altered) and other meyhem.

Well what kind of a dick does one have to be for censoring level-headed Anduril???

I would REALLY like to know. The only thing I can figure is that Anduril made such a good and salient point in our defense that pointed out the moderators were indeed being uptight morons and that really pissed them off. Anduril, care to comment on this?

James Formo

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 04:03:39 pm »
I think I was banned as well.  You are not allowed to have an opinion over there. Everything I stated was G rated. They just went off the deep end I guess. Like something snapped. Oh well, I could really care less. Good luck to em. It will be funny to see whos online. 3 moderators and 1 member. LOL

Atrahasis

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 04:44:24 pm »
Are you serious? About getting banned too?

3dot14

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 05:42:06 pm »
What the heck is going on?!

I admit I don't visit sfc3.net much (ideological difference with its founders. I am pro-SFB, shrug.) but I respect their pull as a fellow prominent SFC gaming site. Their coverage on SFC3 is better (and I admit that) than ours at SFU. (to my defence, I had to keep my eye on other SFC news)

But what precisely happened?!! All I am hearing are 3rd hands news which MAKE NO SENSE whatsoever. anyone care to give me a condensed version? If it's not fit for open print, my email is in the profile(TIA)

and I am surprised the language filter or the mods (if there indeed is one) didn't catch "dicks"...
Well guess that's the kind of freedom in Taldren forums... LOL

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by 3dot14 »

James Formo

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 05:59:37 pm »
Ok I got logged on. I couldn't post in a thread there-and I assumed the worst and well oops my bad on that. I think me best take a break from that forum. I am a bit upset presently and not even sure what the truth is at the moment.

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 06:40:23 pm »
Don't look at me

there was a point I could not even go to those forums browser refused to load them, guess it got pissed and banned them from me. This was probably a good thing as I too would have be a banned memeber because i would have questioned a adiminstrators sanity that bans one of their own moderators. You think they would have talked things over wit hthem first.

Turling

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 06:50:49 pm »
When did all this happen?  I never frequented SFC3.net much, but I was just on there last night - or maybe night before last - and read another (hilarious) confrontation between Atra & Don where one party accused another of something involving butter... ...and saw the aftermath of some joke of Pneumonic 81's that another moderator apparently took seriously.  Is the place really that tightly wound?  And P81 was one of their moderators - who the hell bans a moderator?  And Don actually got banned from another forum?  Good Lord...  

James Formo

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2003, 06:50:50 pm »
Quote:

Don't look at me

there was a point I could not even go to those forums browser refused to load them, guess it got pissed and banned them from me. This was probably a good thing as I too would have be a banned memeber because i would have questioned a adiminstrators sanity that bans one of their own moderators. You think they would have talked things over wit hthem first.  

I think they did talk it over 1st and it was kinda planned. Like we will ban you then reinstae you the next day to show people that we will ban anybody.

Janus just called me abuseive for posting a thread titled  So it was all a joke.   The text read  "Use somebody else for your entertainment"

I just posted saying I didn't like my character or ethics being questioned and that when people and ideas don't matter then there is nothing left. The ships are just polygons and in games are ones and zeros.

They have annoyed so many people and for what? What do they get from it?  

Turling

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2003, 06:52:56 pm »
Quote:

They have annoyed so many people and for what? What do they get from it?    

Sounds like these guys are real power-trippers.  Are the admins doing the banning, or do some moderators have banning powers?  

pneumonic81

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2003, 08:52:51 pm »
ummm, not his was hardly planned on my part. i was actually banned and expected not to post there ever again. appartenyly the flood of emails into paladins outlook helped him to reconsider.  

James Formo

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2003, 09:46:04 pm »
Quote:

ummm, not his was hardly planned on my part. i was actually banned and expected not to post there ever again. appartenyly the flood of emails into paladins outlook helped him to reconsider.  

well I am sorry then p81. I really got upset about the entire situation. Events moved along faster then I could follow em.  I guess I kinda flew off the handle here.

I am going to give the forum a break for sure. Hopefully things will get back to nornal after the fallout from the nukes clears off

LOst my sense of humor here altogether.  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 09:47:05 pm »
I cant believe it