Topic: Opinions on Diamond and Sphere  (Read 2403 times)

MyOwnSling

Opinions on Diamond and Sphere
« on: January 18, 2003, 09:10:01 pm »
    My opinion: the diamond/diamond prime is a good ship, if used for light to medium jobs and coupled with another ship, maybe a pyramid prime or another diamond.  It seems good at getting in there and knocking down a shield or conducting quick strikes in support of a larger ship.  The only thing is that it seems to be a little slower than it should be.  I think I can actually get a sphere prime to out-manuever it.  The sphere/sphere prime is a good all around ship and can be quite manueverable if outfitted correctly, more so than other heavy cruisers or dreadnoughts of other races.  This ship is also best used with support ships (no Borg ship is really good as a loner, due to the whole warp core rape thing).  The only thing about both of these hulls is their limited room in the weapons section: there is not much room for upgrade, although there is a little.  This is probably just offset by a good initial compliment.

Anybody else tell me what you think or any tactical tips or other info you have.  

llama_6t9

Re: Opinions on Diamond and Sphere
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 11:48:21 pm »
I personally find the diamond to be pretty useless. The weapon arcs, while basically the same as every other borg ship, are still worse somehow. The sphere/prime is probably the best in the borg fleet, as long as you upgrade the engines and trusters and such.

My problem with the borg is that the lack of shields means the hit and runs can wack your warp core out, so i tend to use everything i have to hurt them, tractor beam, weapons, shuttles, the lot, until i destroy their transporter enough times to stop them from repairing it. once that's done, it's usually easy pickings, unless they wreck your armor too quickly, but it hasn't happened to me much...

MyOwnSling

Opinions on Diamond and Sphere
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 09:10:01 pm »
    My opinion: the diamond/diamond prime is a good ship, if used for light to medium jobs and coupled with another ship, maybe a pyramid prime or another diamond.  It seems good at getting in there and knocking down a shield or conducting quick strikes in support of a larger ship.  The only thing is that it seems to be a little slower than it should be.  I think I can actually get a sphere prime to out-manuever it.  The sphere/sphere prime is a good all around ship and can be quite manueverable if outfitted correctly, more so than other heavy cruisers or dreadnoughts of other races.  This ship is also best used with support ships (no Borg ship is really good as a loner, due to the whole warp core rape thing).  The only thing about both of these hulls is their limited room in the weapons section: there is not much room for upgrade, although there is a little.  This is probably just offset by a good initial compliment.

Anybody else tell me what you think or any tactical tips or other info you have.  

llama_6t9

Re: Opinions on Diamond and Sphere
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 11:48:21 pm »
I personally find the diamond to be pretty useless. The weapon arcs, while basically the same as every other borg ship, are still worse somehow. The sphere/prime is probably the best in the borg fleet, as long as you upgrade the engines and trusters and such.

My problem with the borg is that the lack of shields means the hit and runs can wack your warp core out, so i tend to use everything i have to hurt them, tractor beam, weapons, shuttles, the lot, until i destroy their transporter enough times to stop them from repairing it. once that's done, it's usually easy pickings, unless they wreck your armor too quickly, but it hasn't happened to me much...