Topic: Spare parts for your ship....  (Read 1473 times)

Rogue NineCH

Spare parts for your ship....
« on: June 30, 2003, 11:14:12 pm »
What determines this?  I know that when a played the campaign awhile back I could only buy eight parts.  Now there is at least 3 times that number of parts available.  Did the patches change this?  Anybody who knows please tell me.

Strafer

Re: Spare parts for your ship....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 12:24:51 am »
There was a fix to increase the max ammount based on the base ammount for D2 play a while back. Don't recall specifics tho.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 02:55:48 am »
I figured that had to be it, although they must have changed it to include everything cause I see it in skirmish missions.

jdmckinney

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 08:46:24 am »
Skirmish/GSA mode had the higher spare part limits for as long as I can remember. The D2 side was "fixed" to go past the stock 8 max limit. Unfortunately, the spares are not really doled out perfectly, and because ships in D2 don't pay a BPV cost in mission matching or award determination for the actual amount of supplies they carry, ships that would be much higher BPVs in GSA matches are treated like stock shiplist versions in D2.

Rogue NineCH

Spare parts for your ship....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 11:14:12 pm »
What determines this?  I know that when a played the campaign awhile back I could only buy eight parts.  Now there is at least 3 times that number of parts available.  Did the patches change this?  Anybody who knows please tell me.

Strafer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 12:24:51 am »
There was a fix to increase the max ammount based on the base ammount for D2 play a while back. Don't recall specifics tho.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 02:55:48 am »
I figured that had to be it, although they must have changed it to include everything cause I see it in skirmish missions.

jdmckinney

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 08:46:24 am »
Skirmish/GSA mode had the higher spare part limits for as long as I can remember. The D2 side was "fixed" to go past the stock 8 max limit. Unfortunately, the spares are not really doled out perfectly, and because ships in D2 don't pay a BPV cost in mission matching or award determination for the actual amount of supplies they carry, ships that would be much higher BPVs in GSA matches are treated like stock shiplist versions in D2.