Topic: Downloaded my first mod!  (Read 3068 times)

WDLL

Downloaded my first mod!
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:09:15 am »
Wanting to give some boost to the gameplay I searched ( a bit) for a mod.  I found this talking about TNZ and went to the battleclinic to download.  But I couldn't find any links.  When I clicked on TNZ I had two option one for Taunts and another one, but  nothing to show where the files are....so, I was lucky enough to find about another mod.  the dominion wars I think its called.  Boy was it big, a couple of hundred megabytes!!!  I didnt expect that.  I will report my progress here.

3dot14

Re: Downloaded my first mod!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 03:03:30 pm »
hehe, the latest SFC2EAW MultiEra run 384 MB. the newest OP will likely be 500+ME...

It's a game within itself, just borrowing SFC's game engine.

Good luck with SFC3 DomWar!

Teeth_03

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 09:12:56 pm »
Well I DL about .5 of Chris Jones's DW.mod. Then my com died, crashed or whatever you want to call it. Sucks. So I just said screwit.  

WDLL

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 12:21:40 am »
Well, I finaly had the time to install and play.  After the huge installation of all the necessary files, though quick I must say, I run the game by running the dominion.exe and then the restore klin-fed alliance.  Then the normal game exe.  It took a while to load the game, more than I remember.  Anyhow, I started a conquest campaign with feds on full 9 races map.  I bought my favourite ship (Galaxy) and went bravely enough to destroy the enemy.  First mission was a defend the starbase.  Hah! I thought.  There were two more Galaxy class ships defending this huge starbase.  Noone can touch us.  In a few minutes there was something wrong with the radar.  Half of the screen became red.  I though, must be a bug or something.  But it wasn't.  It was just the enemy ships.  [censored]! They arrived near the base and the battle started, I was playing at speed 6 BTW.  I have no idea what these ships are, but they were huge and very powerful.  Something about breen. (I have watched only the first two seasons on and off of DS9).  Soon enough I could here all the time about an ally ship being destroyed.  I was heavily damaged but kept on fighting.  The whole battle lasted a few more minutes.  I think we managed to destroy at least 2 or 3 of their shuttles...I was playing at the easiest level...   WTF?

Still, I like it a lot.  This mod looks very nice.  I will update with more info when I play more. (I have started a new campaign btw).

The_Pelican

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 10:27:45 am »
Sounds about right... DW's difficulty setting is extremely high, I made the mod, in case you couldn't tell by the huge logo underneath this message.

You were most likely fighting the Dominion Axis, which comprises of the Cardassians, the Breen, the Gorn, the Tholians & the Dominion itself.

Hiatus

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 04:53:44 pm »
I've started downloading DW too its gonna take me a while tho! (56K), to get TNZ you have to register a username at  battleclinic which is free. I strongly recommend it.  

Reverend

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 09:17:25 am »
Thanks for the battle report WDK- ever consider writing? I have had some hairy and exciting experiences with the DW mod too- Pelican didnt pull any punches, certainly!  

Stormbringer

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 03:37:46 pm »
If you had a download manager like Download Accelerator plus (DAP) you could resume your download where you left off and not have to start over when you lose the connection. If you down loded a a quarter of the file it is stored on your computer with instructions to the program to just get the remaing 3/4 of the file on the next downloading session. Download accelerator and many similar programs are free for a trial period (30 days) others are completely free. But they are so useful no one should do without one of them Even broadband users may find them useful with buggy sites.