Topic: Porting tutorials from earlier in the series  (Read 2844 times)

CaptJosh

Porting tutorials from earlier in the series
« on: June 23, 2003, 02:59:09 pm »
Has anyone made any attempt to port the tutorials from SFC1 and SFC2EAW to SFC2OP? I just had to install SFC1 to get a tutorial on Hydran special heavy weapons because I'd forgotten how the Hellbore works when overloaded(Yes it's been a while since I've flown Hydran ships), and I thought that maybe newcommers to this series migh appreciate such tutorials so that they can learn without having to beg for info here.

CaptJosh  

FireSoul

Re: Porting tutorials from earlier in the series
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 03:04:36 pm »
I guess the EAW  tutorials could easily be ported over to OP. SFC1 porting is always a lot more difficult.. and trust me, I don't feel like touching that monster's tail.

FireSoul

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 03:17:14 pm »
I can do this easily enough. I have to modify the sources to NOT use the sounds. I'm not going to do any debugging on those, so.. WISIWIG.

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 05:56:20 pm »
looks like the SFC2 tutorials are already included in OP. I wasted my time.
-- Luc

CaptJosh

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 08:07:35 pm »
I was sure there were a couple unique tuts in EAW there. Guess I was wrong. Sorry.

CaptJosh  

FireSoul

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 10:42:19 pm »
aww np.

CaptJosh

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 05:02:49 am »
A thought just crossed my mind. What about creating tutorials for tho various non-pirate unique heavy weapons for OP from scratch. Surely that can be done. Just use what we can see in SFC1 as a base to know what the tutorials should be like. Also, one thing I've noticed is that there is no tutorial at all that I've seen on how to us a PPD. Or PlasI, which I'm only slowly figuring out via trial and error. Someone should write an ISC tutorial, as well. I would do all this myself, but I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea of how to do it myself.

CaptJosh  

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 11:26:41 am »
Even if you don't know the programming aspect, the hardest part of creation tends to be the story. You see, "script" in this context is like a movie's script.

Events can be scripted based on things that have to happen first..
.. Events can be scripted based on time relative to each other..
etc.