Topic: What is "***.x"? from Japan.  (Read 2270 times)

taka

What is "***.x"? from Japan.
« on: July 08, 2003, 10:42:20 am »
 What meaning does the file of Extension x which is contained in the folder of each ship have?

Although many things were investigated, I do not understand in the least.

#This text is constituted using translation service.
#Although I am sorry if it is the text which hits impolite, please understand what was not written with such an intention.
#If it can do, I will want you to write in easy English.

Reverend

Re: What is "***.x"? from Japan.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 03:40:07 pm »
''X'' files seem to allow the game to register and read the models. Has to do with the programming- no model will work in SFC3 without them.  

taka

Thank you for helping. from Japan.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 12:21:26 am »
 Thank you for helping.
How is what is necessary just to edit this file, although it is one more question?

#This text is constituted using translation service.
#Although I am sorry if it is the text which hits impolite, please understand what was not written with such an intention.
#If it can do, I will want you to write in easy English.

Reverend

Re: Thank you for helping. from Japan.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 12:21:39 pm »
1) Do not worry about being impolite- I believe it would be impossible for you to do so anyway:)

2) X files cannot be modified, they are extensions of the ''___.mod'' file...the actual model and its textures together.

3)What exactly are you wishingto do with the model(s)? If ou make a large change to the model, then it would be nessecary to delet the two X files, and create new ones- with Taldren's Model Tools, the Recacher. This can be found at http://208.57.228.3/SFC3Stuff/SFC3_ModelTools.zip.

4) If you are looking for a specific change. like you would like to see a model altered, or would like to have one made, then someone here or myself will be glad to help. Tell me what you really wanted to do- don't be shy, everyone is here is friendly- you like Star Trek, you're our friend!